Subject: [httpapi] draft-ietf-httpapi-deprecation-header and the status code

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 16:08:33 +0100

I do not find a mention of the HTTP status code to use then adding the
deprecation header. Does it mean it can be used with 200, 404, 410?

---

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 16:44:30 +0100

hello stephane.

> deprecation header. Does it mean it can be used with 200, 404, 410?

it can (we're not disallowing it), but it probably doesn't make a lot of 
sense to use it on 4xx or 5xx codes, since these indicate a problem that 
has to be resolved. that means that nothing keeps you from using the 
header field with error messages, but it's unlikely that this would be 
very useful.

cheers,

dret.

-- 
erik wilde | mailto:[email-masked] |
            | http://dret.net/netdret    |
            | http://twitter.com/dret    |