Subject: [I2nsf] IETF-99 Hackathon Project: I2NSF

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 21:58:13 +0900

Hi all,
Here is our I2NSF Hackathon Project in IETF 99:

*Interface to Network Security Functions (I2NSF) Framework*

   - Champion(s)
   - Jaehoon Paul Jeong ([email-masked])
      - Sangwon Hyun ([email-masked])
      - Project(s)
   - I2NSF Framework for provisioning Network Security Functions (NSF)
      - Consumer-Facing Interface via RESTCONF/YANG
         - NSF-Facing Interface via NETCONF/YANG
         - Network Security Functions
      - Firewall using SDN and Suricata
         - Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) using Suricata
         - Advanced Functions
      - NSF-triggered Traffic Steering using SFC
         - YANG Data Modeling for NSF Monitoring
         - Specifications:
      - https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2nsf-framework-05
         -
         https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2nsf-problem-and-use-cases-16
         -
         https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2nsf-client-facing-interface-req-01
         -
         https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jeong-i2nsf-consumer-facing-interface-dm-01
         - https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xibassnez-i2nsf-capability-01
         -
         https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kim-i2nsf-nsf-facing-interface-data-model-01
         -
         https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hares-i2nsf-capability-data-model-01
         -
         https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jeong-i2nsf-sdn-security-services-05
         -
         https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hyun-i2nsf-nsf-triggered-steering-02
         -
         https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hyun-i2nsf-registration-interface-im-01
         -
         https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hyun-i2nsf-registration-interface-dm-00
         -
         https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-i2nsf-info-model-monitoring-03
         - Implementation:
      - Github Page: https://github.com/kimjinyong/i2nsf-framework
         - Suricata (Oepn Source IDS/IPS/NSM Engine):
         https://suricata-ids.org/

This time we will aim at implementing Network Security Functions (Firewall
and DPI) through
Traffic Steering and providing NSF Monitoring for load balancing.

Feel free to join us!

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Paul
-- 
===========================
Mr. Jaehoon (Paul) Jeong, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Software
Sungkyunkwan University
Office: +82-31-299-4957
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Personal Homepage: http://iotlab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php
<http://cpslab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php>