Subject: [irs-discuss] draft-atlas-irs-policy-framework-00
From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:37:48 +0100
List-Id: "Interface to The Internet Routing System \(IRS\)" <irs-discuss.ietf.org>

Hi

The Abstract:
 A key aspect of the Interface to the Routing System (IRS) is what
   mechanisms it includes to carry policy information and to enable
   policy control.  This applies both in the protocol itself and in the
   sub-interfaces associated with the different components of the
   routing system.  Similarly, the data-models associated with the sub-
   interfaces must be capable of expressing the appropriate granularity
   for access and authorization-related policy.  This document describes
   the policy framework for IRS.
____________________

In the above not sure what  *the-protocol* is refered to, is it routing
protocol,

Is there difference between IRS policy refered to above and the routing
domain policy?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In page 4:
resources:   A resource is an IRS-specific use of memory, storage, or
      execution that a commissioner may consume due to its IRS
      operations.  The amount of each such resource that a commissioner
      may consume in the context of a particular agent can be
      constrained.  Examples of such resources could include: the number
      of installed operations, number of operations that haven't reached
      their start-time, etc.  These are not protocol-specific resources
      or network-specific resources.
__________________________

suggest distinguishing resources by adding *operation resources*, to
distiguish from network resources.

AB