Subject: [i2rs] small groups and doodle poll clarification

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 14:50:14 -0400

The point of the doodle polls was to sign up in advance for the small group
discussions.  At the interim, we'll have different tables for the topics
and will have an 8-person per small group limit; there can be multiple
groups addressing the same use-case/topic, if need be.  All participants
(local and remote) are expected to work in a group.

After each round of small group meetings, each small group will need to
present its work.  We are working on having a reasonable template for a
starting point.  You CAN change groups between each round.  At the end of
the third round, I hope that there will be interested people to translate
the output into drafts.

Each round of small group meetings will be to iterate and drill-down on the
use-cases.  The first round will be to clarify the use-case and have
general group agreement.  The second round will be to flesh out the
use-case (what needs to be read, what events, what written, what type of
network application, etc).  The third round will be to connect the use-case
to the proposed i2rs new functionality (different aspects of operations,
thresholded events/info, multi-headed control, etc) as well as requirements
on transport sessions and authorization/authentication.

In addition to the focus on use-cases, there are a few additional topics as
follows.
  Round 1:  Group Topic 20: Taxonomy of Network Applications
  Round 2: Group Topic 20: Taxonomy of Transport Communication Options
                Group Topic 21: Taxonomy of Authentication and
Authorization Options
  Round 3: Group Topic 20:  RIB Info Model Brainstorm
                Group Topic 21: Topology Info Model Brainstorm

I hope this clears up the confusion in the Doodle polls & apologize for the
confusion.

Regards & see you on Monday!
Alia