Subject: [i2rs] I2RS OPS technical advisor: Jürgen Schönwälder

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 15:53:24 +0200

Dear all,

I would like to announce Jürgen Schönwälder as the I2RS OPS technical 
advisor.

Jürgen is very knowledgeable in OPS in general, in NETCONF/YANG and 
SNMP/MIB, and in data modeling in general.
Exactly like he did in the recent LMAP BoF, he will be able to help with 
the pros and cons of the different OPS protocols ... Also, let me stress 
an important aspect behind Jürgen's selection as OPS technical advisor: 
he's not biased. Even if he is one of the netmod chairs, his job doesn't 
depend on the success of a particular solution.
Bottom line: I'm sure Jürgen will do an excellent job. He will be 
monitoring the I2RS progress, but don't hesitate to involve him in the 
OPS-related discussions.

The agreement with Jürgen is that he will not be doing this job /ad 
vitam æternam/.
That makes sense: once the I2RS use cases and requirements are done, and 
that the protocol and data model are selected, the OPS technical advisor 
job should be done.

The I2RS charter page has been updated.

Regards, Benoit (OPS AD°