Subject: Re: [i2rs] comments on draft-atlas-i2rs-problem-statement?

From: "Russ White" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 17:41:02 -0400

>   - Also decoupling of life cycles (e.g. between an application and the
network
> functionality) is one problem which needs
>     to addressed. At the moment in many cases there is (still and
> unfortunately) a close relationship between a (network)
>     service and the configuration of the network nodes. E.g.
> configuration changes are necessary and even software updates
>     in order to support a certain service required by a product. With I2RS
we
> could make thos two things independent.
>     The "application" uses the well defined I2RS interface in order to
influence
> routing. No direct access to the nodes is
>     necessary. Thefore in ideal case the software life cycle of the
software on
> the node is independet of the software
>     life cyles of the application.

I'm not certain how this could be addressed in the draft --nor what specific
value it would bring. I think there might want to be an "operational
issues," draft someplace where this could fit better than in a problem
statement, per se?

:-)

Russ