Subject: [i2rs] Architecture Discussion 1: Indirect Interactions

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 10:44:39 -0400

In draft-ietf-i2rs-architecture-00 Sec 1.2, at the end it says:

" In addition it must be noted that there may be indirect interactions

   between write operations.  Detection and avoidance of such
   interactions is outside the scope of the I2RS work and is left to
   agent design and implementation for now.  [[Editor's note: This topic
   needs more discussion in the working group.]]"

I would like to start that discussion now.  I would like to conclude
the discussion

by determining what changes are needed in the architecture draft - whether those

are removing the Editor's note or something more.

Personally, I think that detecting arbitrary indirect interactions is
very hard and

better done outside of the I2RS data-models and protocol.  However, there might

be capabilities that could assist in mitigating those interactions.
For instance, the

idea of a "write x if y=z" operation was suggested.

Please comment away!

Alia (WG-chair hat off)