Subject: [i2rs] use-cases - discussion please

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 17:58:04 -0500

If you were to look at our charter, unsurprisingly we have use-cases to be
completed before information models.  I would strongly encourage discussion
of the use-case drafts and serious work on turning them into something that
the working group could accept.

I've certainly heard the concerns that we haven't picked a data-modeling
language or protocol yet - and that I2RS may be going too slowly for
various open-source projects.

The speed the working group goes is up to each of you!   We can't really
ask for a recharter to include data models or anything else until we get
the basics off our plate.

Just a reminder of our original Goals and Milestones below:

Goals and Milestones:
  Jul 2013 - Request publication of an Informational document defining the
problem statement
  Jul 2013 - Request publication of an Informational document defining the
high-level architecture
  Aug 2013 - Request publication of Informational documents describing use
cases
  Sep 2013 - Request publication of an Informational document defining the
protocol requirements
  Sep 2013 - Request publication of an Informational document defining
encoding language requirements
  Feb 2014 - Request publication of Standards Track documents specifying
information models
  Feb 2014 - Request publication of an Informational document providing an
analysis of existing IETF and other protocols and encoding languages
against the requirements
  Feb 2014 - Consider re-chartering

Regards,
Alia