Subject: [i2rs] I2RS agenda planning for IETF 89

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 18:06:21 -0500

Ed and I have started work on planning the agenda for I2RS.
We would like to make use of our limited face-to-face time to have three
discussions this IETF.

Gap Analysis for different Data-Modeling Languages:  I2RS needs to select a
language to be used for data-modeling.  I believe that we have volunteers
for discussing YANG.  We'd welcome hearing from others who can provide at
least a presentation for review before IETF and preferably a quick draft as
well.

Gap Analysis for different Protocols:  I2RS needs to select a protocol to
use.  I believe that we have volunteers for discussing RESTCONF.  We'd
welcome hearing from others who can provide at least a presentation for
review before IETF and preferably a quick draft as well.

Security:  The (soon-to-be published) updated architecture draft discusses
the general security considerations.  We are hopeful to see some solid
drafts in this space; at a minimum, please come prepared for discussion.

In addition, we expect to wrap up the problem-statement and architecture
drafts.  Please send review comments on the problem-statement now.  Please
wait for the 01 version of the architecture (tomorrow) and then send
reviews on that.  Barring any serious concerns being raised, we expect to
start a Working Group Last Call on them during IETF.

Finally, we are quite hopeful to see progress and good updates to the
various information model and use-case drafts.  Please send requests for
time to Ed and myself.  Please be clear on what you intend to accomplish
with the time and why it requires face-to-face time.

Thanks,
Alia

P.S.  I2RS might be moving away from Friday - the request is in, but it's
all about trading slots...

---

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 07:35:24 -0500

> review before IETF and preferably a quick draft as well.

In that light - I'd like to speak of
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hadi-i2rs-forces-gap-analysis/
(if theres time i may be able to even give a demo).

cheers,
jamal