Subject: [i2rs] Comments on draft-white-i2rs-use-case-02

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 18:25:12 -0500

A few quick comments on draft -02:

In section 2 (Distributed Reaction to Network Based Attacks), there is an
implicit knowledge that the router in question supports policy based
routing.  While an extremely common feature these days, it's not guaranteed
to be there.  I'd suggest that this capability needs to be reported to I2RS.

The document still mentions IRS. :-)

The summaries of capabilities and interactions are nice, but it'd be
helpful, I think, to enumerate them.  This would let common requirements be
a bit more visible across the use cases.

-- Jeff

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 20:47:55 -0500

Jeff:

Thanks for the suggestion on the distributed reaction to the network, and
catching /IRS/I2RS/.   

Could you just give me a short example of what you mean by enumerate the
capabilities? 

Thanks,

Sue 

-----Original Message-----
From: i2rs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Haas
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 6:25 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [i2rs] Comments on draft-white-i2rs-use-case-02

-- Jeff

_______________________________________________
i2rs mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i2rs

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 21:37:05 -0500

> Could you just give me a short example of what you mean by enumerate the

As an example, "The ability to read the local RIB" and its section is
repeated in the document.  Spell it out once, give it a number (REQ1, e.g.)
and don't repeat the text in the document for latter sections.

This way common requirements are immediately obvious.

In the xml document format, it might be possible to assign anchors to these
points and <xref> to them.  I don't know if xml2rfc permits this for
anything that isn't a <section>.

-- Jeff

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 22:29:16 -0500

Jeff:

Thanks.  I'll change the draft.  Not sure about the (req1), but I'll ask RFC
editor if I cannot find it in the RFC.

Sue 

-----Original Message-----
From: i2rs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Haas
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:37 PM
To: Susan Hares
Cc: 'Jeffrey Haas'; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [i2rs] Comments on draft-white-i2rs-use-case-02

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 08:47:55PM -0500, Susan Hares wrote:
> Could you just give me a short example of what you mean by enumerate 
> the capabilities?

-- Jeff