Subject: [i2rs] comments on draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model-02

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 02:07:25 -0500

Noticed these while scanning the doc for my presentation:

-nexthop-address is recognized in the grammar but not used.
It may need to expand to {ipv4-prefix, ipv6-prefix, IEEE_MAC}

- What is syntax like:
"<mpls-route-attributes> ::= <>"
intended to imply?

- <interface-route> ::= <INTERFACE> <INTERFACE_IDENTIFIER>
What is the difference between INTERFACE and INTERFACE_IDENTIFIER?
Are both needed? Couldnt tell from the text.
Same question on occurances of "IEEE_MAC MAC_ADDRESS"

- somewhere in the structuring do we need to reflect what route in
what shape has been synced with a FIB?

- the whole nexthop structuring is quiet funky. I am wondering if someone
has implemented that?

- Section 8:  Thanks for writting that section. Could someone handwave
some numbers for me? What is an "average/expected" RIB update
transaction rate for both READ/WRITE. i.e would we be expecting the
updates to happen once a day, hour,second, microsec?
I am not looking for precise numbers - but "expectations"

Still section 8:  I see that we are asking for fast table dumps, fast
table writes;
is there need for fast table deletes?

- Section 11: I think some of the people in the acknowledgements are now
authors; so it may not make sense to list them there.

cheers,
jamal