Subject: [i2rs] draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model-02 draft - rib-family variable

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 08:55:07 -0400

Nitin, Ron: Kini, Jan:

This question RIB Grammar section 6: 

<rib>::=<RIB_NAME> <rib-family> [<route> . ][ENABLE_IP_RPF_CHECK]

<rib-family>::==<IPV4_RIB_FAMILY> | <IPV6_RIB_FAMILY> | <MPLS_RIB_FAMILY> |
<IEEE_MAC_RIB_FAMILY>

In your grammar, my understanding of the "." is limited.  I assumed this
means that this is a sequence of routes.

You do not provide a grammar for RIB_NAME.  Are you looking for this to be
an ASCII String or what? 

You do not provide a grammar for ENABLE_IP_RPF_CHECK - what is your grammar
type for this? 

My initial reading had been that <RIB_NAME>, <rib-family>, and
[ENABLE_IP_RPF_CHECK] only occur once even if you have 10K routes. 

Sue Hares

---

From: Nitin Bahadur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 22:46:54 -0700

Hi Sue,

> <rib>::=<RIB_NAME> <rib-family> [<route> Š ][ENABLE_IP_RPF_CHECK]
> In your grammar, my understanding of the ³Š² is limited.  I assumed this means
> that this is a sequence of routes.

Yes ³Š² means additional.

>  
> You do not provide a grammar for RIB_NAME.  Are you looking for this to be an
> ASCII String or what?

The draft does not define terminal types for anything (including RIB_NAME).
We had discussed that earlier with a bunch of folks and at that time the
consensus was that the info-model should not be defining data-types and that
should be left to the data-model. The current info-model is not a compilable
real-grammar per-se.

>  
> You do not provide a grammar for ENABLE_IP_RPF_CHECK  what is your grammar
> type for this? 
>  

It¹s a boolean.

> [ENABLE_IP_RPF_CHECK] only occur once even if you have 10K routes.

That is correct.

Thanks
Nitin