Subject: [i2rs] Summary of I2RS requirements from all Use Case drafts

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 14:30:51 -0400

I2rs people, Jeff and Ed Crabbe:

I have finished the compilation of all I2RS requirements from all submitted
drafts (per Jeff's request), and it is posted below.  The draft is simply a
compilation in order to "double-check" that I've found all user requirements
drafts.  Please let me know if your favorite I2RS user requirement's draft
got left off the list. 

I will be evaluating this document to provide an evaluation of these user
requirements which I'll publish on the first day the drafts open.  

Sue Hares

PS - you will the numbering scheme in the summary consistent with the
numbering scheme in the drafts. 

If I've missed a requirement, please indicate the draft and page. If I've
managed a requirement, please let me know by requirement numbers. 

-----------------------------

A new version of I-D, draft-hares-i2rs-usecase-reqs-summary-00.txt

has been successfully submitted by Susan Hares and posted to the IETF
repository.

Name:                  draft-hares-i2rs-usecase-reqs-summary

Revision:              00

Title:                      Summary of I2RS Use Case Requirements

Document date:               2014-07-04

Group:                  Individual Submission

Pages:                   34

URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hares-i2rs-usecase-reqs-summary-00
.txt

Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-i2rs-usecase-reqs-summary/

Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hares-i2rs-usecase-reqs-summary-00

Abstract:

   The I2RS Working Group (WG) has described a set of use cases that the

   I2RS systems could fulfil.  This document summarizes these use cases.

   It is designed to provide requirements that will aid the design of

   the I2RS architecture, Information Models, Data Models, Security, and

   protocols.

 

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 19:54:35 -0400

Sue,

> drafts.  Please let me know if your favorite I2RS user requirement's draft

This draft is fantastic!  It more than satisfies the "requirements summary"
I had hoped for.  It's about one step away from being an outright
requirements roadmap.  (I don't think we should move to that, IMHO.)

The document is very complete, so it'll require time for the WG to digest.

IMO, we should adopt this draft regardless of the adoption status of any
particular use case draft.  That will permit future use case drafts to take
advantage of the work and will provide us a long term place to track
long-term requirements for I2RS drafts.

An alternative, of course, is the wiki.  The challenge this sort of draft
will have is becoming a draft that never hits RFC since it will evolve over
the life of the WG.

Working Group, if you have a use case draft, please review the summarized
requirements against this draft.

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hares-i2rs-usecase-reqs-summary-00.txt
> 
> Status:

-- Jeff