Subject: [i2rs] Normalized Topology view.

From: Giorgio Garziano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 15:44:54 +0000

Hello.

The draft-amante-i2rs-topology-use-cases-01, (Topology API Use Cases),
at page 6 states:

"Topology Manager is a function that collects topological information
from a variety of sources in the network and provides a normalized
view of the network topology to clients and/or higher-layer
applications."

Would you please detail the concept of "normalized view" of the
topology, especially in the scenario of a multi-layer and multi-technology
network ?

As multi-layer network topology, I mean a topology that can be modeled

as the cooperative superposition of network layers, each one typical belonging

to a specific technology (multi-technology). Example:

--- Lev.3: IP

--- Lev 2: Ethernet

--- Lev 1: OTN

--- Lev 0: Photonic

Thanks.

>> Giorgio