Subject: [i2rs] updates to draft-ietf-i2rs-architecture

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 15:56:07 -0400

I've taken a quick pass at updating the I2RS architecture for the two
points that I've heard as questions.

First, I put in a reference to troubleshooting in Sec 6.1:

"To facilitate operations, deployment and troubleshooting, it is
important that traceability of the I2RS Agent's requests and actions
be supported via a common data model."

Second, in Section 4, I put in a bit about the I2RS Client needing to
authenticate
the I2RS Agent.  This was suggested by John Mattsson on Feb 20 and agreed
to - but
missed getting into the draft.

"Mutual authentication between the I2RS Client and I2RS Agent is
required. An I2RS Client must be able to trust that the I2RS Agent
is attached to the relevant Routing Element so that write/modify
operations are correctly applied and so that information received
from the I2RS Agent can be trusted by the I2RS Client."

I do not know of any other requests or gaps that are actionable for the
architecture.
Please let me know the specific text changes desired, if you believe I am
incorrect.

Regards,
Alia