Subject: [i2rs] I2RS interim meetings in February

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 13:30:48 -0500

A question arose at today's interim about schedules for I2RS adoption about
the I2RS plan for drafts.  This email provides details on the i2RS schedule
for the next 3 months (February-April) and our goals.  The chairs always
welcome feedback on our schedule and objectives. 

Sue Hares and Jeff Haas 

---------

I2RS Focus and Schedule 

The current focus for the I2RS WG is the following things in priority:

1.       Complete to WG LC the Protocol Requirements  

2.       Complete to WG LC the Protocol Independent RIB Information Model
and Yang Data Model

3.       Complete to WG LC the Protocol Independent Topology modules
(Generic, L1, L2, L3, Service, TED) plus the protocol independent
Policy-Based Routing Module 

Individual or I2RS Documents exist for all of these features.  A complete
set of these documents will be available by 2/26/2015 for review prior to
the I2RS 3/5/2015 virtual interim (10:00 - 12:00 ET).   A WG Adoption call
will be made on 3/6/2015 for this set of documents, and a WG LC call after
the I2RS session at IETF 92.  

Interim Meetings December to February

-------------------------

The interim meetings in December examined enough of: a) RIB Information
Model and Data model, and b) Protocol Independent Topology Yang Data Modules
so that design teams could be formed for this work.  Design have been
operating for these groups for 2 weeks. 

The interims in January and February have examined the protocol requirements
for a I2RS protocol.  

Two versions of the protocol have been discussed: a) fully capable protocol
and b) minimal set based. The WG decided that netconf/restconf would be the
initial direction for the fully capable protocol and requirements would be
given to the netconf/restconf WGs.  Today's interim had a proposal from Dean
Bogdanovic ([email-masked]) on the minimal set protocol capabilities and
modules.  

The I2RS group is looking for feedback from implementers in February and
March to validate the WGs direction in protocol and modules. 

Design teams Information

---------------------

The design teams for these drafts are at: 

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/i2rs/trac/wiki

The I2RS Information Model and Yang Model work design team has completed its
discussions.  A revision to the draft will be out by 2/26/2015.   

The topology design team is producing a coherent set of Yang Data Modules
for generic, L1, L2, L3, Service Layer, TED and PBR modules.  A single
summary Information model is being created in order to provide an
introductory text.  Interest parties can send a note to me ([email-masked])
if you wish to join the design team.  The Topology design team meets at 8pm
ET/5pm PT on Thursdays, and you can find the webex number on the wiki page
at: 

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/i2rs/trac/wiki/TopologyDesignTeams

The interim meeting on 3/5/2016 10-11am will have an open discussion of
these Yang modules.  Attendees are expected to have read the modules before
attending the modules.