Subject: [i2rs] I2RS Requirements for OSPF ephemeral state

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 17:59:36 -0400

The I2RS WG is passing its requirements for I2RS protocol's to NETCONF.
These requirements include  ephemeral state, pub/sub, traceability,
authentication of I2rs client/agent, security and transport requirements.
As part of that work, we would like to confirm that the following things are
useful for the I2RS protocol to support.

.         IGP-REQ01: Track Router-ID used in OSPF instances and by OSPF
neighbors 

.         IGP-REQ02: Allow ephemeral (temporary) configuration changes to
OSPF

.         IGP-REQ03:  Allow ephemeral Loop-Free Alternative configuration
changes to OSPF 

.         IGP-REQ04: Allow ephemeral load balancing configuration changes to
OSPF 

.         IGP-REQ05/REQ07: I2RS subscription (pub/sub) to OSPF notification
via I2RS  for interface, neighbor, topology, and prefix 

.         IGP-REQ06: Subscription (pub/sub) or query of OSPF configuration
and dynamic statistics via I2RS (interface, neighbor, lsdb) 

.         IGP-REQ08: Subscription (pub/sub) or query of  OSPF protocol
statistics 

The number IGP-REQxx refers to the numbering used in
draft-ietf-i2rs-usecase-reqs-summary-01
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-usecase-reqs-summary/> .  

Please let me know if these OSPF changes that can help manage temporary
changes in OSPF? IMHO IGP-REQ03 is not a basic OSPF requirement and should
only be supported on OSPF supporting LFA.   

How much yang model additions will these I2RS additions cost? 

All I2RS requirements except IGP-REQ03 can be implemented an ephemeral copy
of the OSPF yang module augmented by OSPF protocol statistics, OSPF topology
information (kept by I2RS L3 topology model), and 5+ I2RS specific
notifications.   

Thank you for your help. 

Sue Hares