Subject: [i2rs] Last Call: <draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement-09.txt> (Interface to the Routing System Problem Statement) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 14:08:10 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Interface to the Routing System
WG (i2rs) to consider the following document:
- 'Interface to the Routing System Problem Statement'
  <draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement-09.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-02-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Traditionally, routing systems have implemented routing and signaling
   (e.g.  MPLS) to control traffic forwarding in a network.  Route
   computation has been controlled by relatively static policies that
   define link cost, route cost, or import and export routing policies.
   With the advent of highly dynamic data center networking, on-demand
   WAN services, dynamic policy-driven traffic steering and service
   chaining, the need for real-time security threat responsiveness via
   traffic control, and a paradigm of separating policy-based decision-
   making from the router itself, the need has emerged to more
   dynamically manage and program routing systems in order to control
   routing information and traffic paths and to extract network topology
   information, traffic statistics, and other network analytics from
   routing systems.

   This document proposes meeting this need via an Interface to the
   Routing System (I2RS).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.