Subject: [i2rs] I-D Action: draft-ietf-i2rs-traceability-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 12:05:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Interface to the Routing System Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Interface to the Routing System (I2RS) Traceability: Framework and Information Model
        Authors         : Joe Clarke
                          Gonzalo Salgueiro
                          Carlos Pignataro
	Filename        : draft-ietf-i2rs-traceability-07.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2016-02-04

Abstract:
   This document describes a framework for traceability in the Interface
   to the Routing System (I2RS) and information model for that
   framework.  It specifies the motivation, requirements, use cases, and
   defines an information model for recording interactions between
   elements implementing the I2RS protocol.  This framework provides a
   consistent tracing interface for components implementing the I2RS
   architecture to record what was done, by which component, and when.
   It aims to improve the management of I2RS implementations, and can be
   used for troubleshooting, auditing, forensics, and accounting
   purposes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-traceability/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2rs-traceability-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-i2rs-traceability-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Joe Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 15:10:31 -0500

This version moves it back to informational (as requested) as well as:

* Addresses Russ' comments to remove a "Therefore" and add a new Timeout 
Occurred field.

* Addresses Mach's comments to remove an editor note, remove an overly 
prescriptive statement about op data, and remove a statement about the 
Transaction ID needing to be an "opaque string"

* Adds Mach and Sue to acknowledgments

The non-trivial change was the addition of the new field.  However, we 
feel this adds value and clarity in the case of a timeout.

Joe

On 2/4/16 15:05, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> i2rs mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i2rs
>