Subject: [i2rs] I2RS Hackathon

From: Edwin Cordeiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 17:32:42 +0200

Hi all,

As we are trying to make an I2RS implementation here at TU Munich, we
created a VM that is running Mininet (to emulate a network), MininExt (to
implement virtual routers) and OpenDayLight (that we trying to use as I2RS
agent), the I2RS client we are trying to make using Zebra. The I2RS agent
is the NETCONF + YANG modules of ODL, but it needs the YANG models to be
written. The I2RS client is not present as it is not yet ready for sharing.

On the previous Hackathon, one of the difficulties for the I2RS was the
lack of an environment where it could be developed, so we decided to share
this VM and a basic tutorial to get this network running in the hope it
could be useful for the approaching Hackathon in Buenos Aires.

The tutorial and VM are available at:
http://www.net.in.tum.de/pub/i2rs/
http://www.net.in.tum.de/pub/i2rs/I2RS-Dev-VM.ova -
md5: af70741cd12b39a9644b0881df516a55

Unfortunately we will not be able to attend this next meeting in person,
but if you have any question, let us know. We hope the VM to be useful.

Best Regards,

Edwin Cordeiro

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 20:15:19 -0400

Edwin:

Thank you for the client.  Do you think it would work on unbuntu?  I’ve got an ODL environment in oracle Box and running native on the unbuntu laptops. 

Sue 

From: i2rs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Edwin Cordeiro
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 11:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [i2rs] I2RS Hackathon

Hi all,

As we are trying to make an I2RS implementation here at TU Munich, we created a VM that is running Mininet (to emulate a network), MininExt (to implement virtual routers) and OpenDayLight (that we trying to use as I2RS agent), the I2RS client we are trying to make using Zebra. The I2RS agent is the NETCONF + YANG modules of ODL, but it needs the YANG models to be written. The I2RS client is not present as it is not yet ready for sharing.

On the previous Hackathon, one of the difficulties for the I2RS was the lack of an environment where it could be developed, so we decided to share this VM and a basic tutorial to get this network running in the hope it could be useful for the approaching Hackathon in Buenos Aires.

http://www.net.in.tum.de/pub/i2rs/I2RS-Dev-VM.ova - md5: af70741cd12b39a9644b0881df516a55

Unfortunately we will not be able to attend this next meeting in person, but if you have any question, let us know. We hope the VM to be useful.

Best Regards,

Edwin Cordeiro

---

From: Edwin Cordeiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 09:36:14 +0200

Hi Susan,

The VM is a Ubuntu so it is possible to run this emulated network in a
native Ubuntu laptop. The only special requirement is for MiniNExT (
https://github.com/USC-NSL/miniNExT), that does not currently support the
latest version of Mininet, you must use Mininet version 2.1.0. I will add
to the webpage a file with the config files used for Mininet and MiniNExT.

Another option is to run the VM and configure the Virtualbox or VMware
Player to make the network interface of the VM to be in bridge mode or in
internal network with the host machine, that way you may use any program
installed in the host machine to interact with the VM.

BR

Edwin Cordeiro

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 2:15 AM, Susan Hares <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Edwin:
>
>
>
> Thank you for the client.  Do you think it would work on unbuntu?  I’ve
> got an ODL environment in oracle Box and running native on the unbuntu
> laptops.
>
>
>
> Sue
>
>
>
> *From:* i2rs [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf Of *Edwin Cordeiro
> *Sent:* Wednesday, March 30, 2016 11:33 AM
> *To:* [email-masked]
> *Subject:* [i2rs] I2RS Hackathon
>
>
>
> Hi all,
>
>
>