Subject: [i2rs] FW: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-i2rs-architecture-13

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 08:16:26 -0400

Fyi - response to Russ Housley. 

Sue 

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Hares [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:46 AM
To: 'Russ Housley'; [email-masked]
Cc: 'IETF Gen-ART'; 'Jari Arkko'
Subject: RE: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-i2rs-architecture-13

Russ:

I apologize for the delayed response. I thought I had responded earlier.  I
appreciate Jari's email that reminded me I had not sent this email.  

The policy dictates that writes can come from a particular specific source,
but we are not requiring things to come on a particular channel.   This is
not desirable because we are allowing writes to come on multiple channels
(RESTCONF/NETCONF - at least). 

Is the authorization section 4.2 - sufficient if this is the case? 

Sue 

-----Original Message-----
From: Russ Housley [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2016 6:54 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: IETF Gen-ART
Subject: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-i2rs-architecture-13

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area Review
Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed by the IESG for
the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD
before posting a new version of the draft.

For more information, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-i2rs-architecture-13
Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review Date: 2016-03-06
IETF LC End Date: 2016-03-14
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Summary: Ready.

Major Concerns: None

Minor Concerns:

Section 4.2 talks about authorization.  I would expect policy to dictate
that some writes come from a specific source, but it is unclear to me
whether I2RS can require that a particular write request arrive on a
particular channel.  Is this desirable?  If so, please expand the discussion
of authorization to cover this point.

Nits:

Sometimes you say "i2rs architecture", but it should say "I2RS architecture"
to be consistent throughout the document.

Sometimes you say "I2RS Agent" and other times you say "I2RS agent".
Please pick one and use it consistently.

Sometimes you say "I2RS Client" and other times you say "I2RS client".
Please pick one and use it consistently.

Section 3: s/ may may vary based / may vary based /

Section 6.3: s/ the yang data model / the YANG data model /

Section 6.4.2: some bullets have periods, but others do not.

Section 7.1: s/ Yang / YANG / (more than one place)