Subject: [i2rs] Suresh Krishnan's No Objection on draft-ietf-i2rs-traceability-09: (with COMMENT)

From: "Suresh Krishnan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 14:23:41 -0700

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-i2rs-traceability-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-traceability/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 5.2: Starting Timestamp and Ending Timestamp

It is not clear what the terms 32-bit second and 32-bit microsecond mean
here as the RFC3339 format seems to be a string representation (e.g. the
seconds value will never be more than 59). It may be useful to restate
these granularity requirements in terms of number of digits required
after the decimal point instead

Section 5.2: Entry ID

Some more clarity as to how Entry IDs work would be useful. e.g. Is this
a monotonically increasing integer? What happens when this wraps? What
happens when the log file is rotated etc.