Subject: [i2rs] Document Action: 'Interface to the Routing System Problem Statement' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 12:34:30 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Interface to the Routing System Problem Statement'
  (draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement-11.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Interface to the Routing System
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement/

Technical Summary

   As modern networks grow in scale and complexity, the need for rapid
   and dynamic control increases.  With scale, the need to automate even
   the simplest operations is important, but even more critical is the
   ability to quickly interact with more complex operations such as
   policy-based controls.

   In order to enable network applications to have access to and control
   over information in the Internet's routing system, we need a publicly
   documented interface specification.  The interface needs to support
   real-time, asynchronous interactions using data models and encodings
   that are efficient and potentially different from those available
   today.  Furthermore, the interface must be tailored to support a
   variety of use cases. 

   This document expands upon these statements of requirements to
   provide a detailed problem statement for an Interface to the Routing
   System (I2RS).

Working Group Summary

  Consensus was complete in the working group after 2 year of review. 

Document Quality

[Shepherd] Document is ready to ship, but there is one unused reference
RFC4292 which might link to Appendix A, suggest to add reference to
where it was referenced in this document.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Qin Wu
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard