Subject: [i2rs] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-i2rs-traceability-09: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alissa Cooper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 13:03:58 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-i2rs-traceability-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-traceability/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Given that this is a framework document, rather than repeatedly declaring
various operational aspects "out of scope" (7 times in 12 pages by my
count), I would suggest just stating the requirements and guidance that
are in scope. Readers should not be expecting to find lots of
implementation details in this document. This would provide more clarity
than saying that details are out of scope, but then specifying some of
them anyway (e.g., for log trace rotation in 7.3).

I agree with Stephen's DISCUSS and COMMENT.