Subject: [i2rs] Ephemeral-REQ-05 - new text for Resource constraints for OAM

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 12:00:00 -0400

I2RS WG: 

I would like feedback on the following text as replacement for
ephemeral-req-05. 

Thank you, 

Sue 

---------------------

Proposal for new text for Ephemeral-REQ-05: 

Ephemeral state handling, notifications, and OAM could increase the data
flow rates across transport, or the rate of publication of data in a
subscription, or logging needed for traceability.   It is RECOMMENDED that
the I2RS Agent should have the ability to limit, prioritize or split data
flows in the I2RS protocol. 

========================

Old text: 

   Ephemeral-REQ-05: Ephemeral state handling and notifications could

   increase need for CPU processing, data flow rates across a transport,

   or the rate of publication of data in a subscription or the logging

   for traceability.  The I2RS Agent SHOULD have the ability to

   constraints for OAM functions operating to limit CPU processing, data

   rate across a transport, the rate of publication of data in a

   subscription, and logging rates; and the I2RS Agent SHOULD have the

   ability to prioritize some of the management data flows between the

   I2RS Agent and I2RS Client.  In order to constrain resources needed,

   the I2RS Agent MAY also schedule data flows or split data flows unto

   multiple data flow streams.

---

From: Linda Dunbar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 22:28:45 +0000

I think the new text for Ephemeral-REQ-05 is much better than the old one.

Support.

Linda Dunbar

From: i2rs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Susan Hares
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 11:00 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 'Jeffrey Haas'; 'Joel M. Halpern'
Subject: [i2rs] Ephemeral-REQ-05 - new text for Resource constraints for OAM

I2RS WG:

I would like feedback on the following text as replacement for ephemeral-req-05.

Thank you,
Sue

---------------------

Ephemeral state handling, notifications, and OAM could increase the data flow rates across transport, or the rate of publication of data in a subscription, or logging needed for traceability.   It is RECOMMENDED that the I2RS Agent should have the ability to limit, prioritize or split data flows in the I2RS protocol.

========================
Old text: