Subject: [i2rs] I-D Action: draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 15:59:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Interface to the Routing System of the IETF.

        Title           : Routing Information Base Info Model
        Authors         : Nitin Bahadur
                          Sriganesh Kini
                          Jan Medved
	Filename        : draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model-09.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2016-07-07

Abstract:
   Routing and routing functions in enterprise and carrier networks are
   typically performed by network devices (routers and switches) using a
   routing information base (RIB).  Protocols and configuration push
   data into the RIB and the RIB manager installs state into the
   hardware; for packet forwarding.  This draft specifies a information
   model for the RIB to enable defining a standardized data model.  Such
   a data model can be used to define an interface to the RIB from an
   entity that may even be external to the network device.  This
   interface can be used to support new use-cases being defined by the
   IETF I2RS WG.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Nitin Bahadur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 16:01:50 -0700

This version addresses comments from Routing Directorate QA review and
also adds IPv6 usage examples (along side the IPv4 examples).

Thanks
Nitin

>_______________________________________________
>i2rs mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i2rs

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 19:05:44 -0400

Nitin: 

Thanks for updating this point.  Did you see the comments from Edwin on the
problems with the nexthop in the data model?  I believe
draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-data-model-06.txt correct the data model use cases. 

Sue 

-----Original Message-----
From: i2rs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Nitin Bahadur
Sent: Thursday, July 7, 2016 7:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [i2rs] I-D Action: draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model-09.txt

This version addresses comments from Routing Directorate QA review and also
adds IPv6 usage examples (along side the IPv4 examples).

Thanks
Nitin

>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
>submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at 
>tools.ietf.org.
>

---

From: Nitin Bahadur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 19:56:56 -0700

Yes I did see the comments from Edwin. The data-model authors will take a
look at the same and respond back.

On 7/7/16, 4:05 PM, "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>also