Subject: [i2rs] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral-state-19: (with COMMENT)

From: "Stephen Farrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 13:21:43 -0700

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral-state-19: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral-state/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ephemeral-REQ-12: "were created" seems wrong. (Oh, and
"MUST BE" isn't 2119 language:-)

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 07:40:08 -0400

Stephen thank you for catching this error. 

Ephemeral-REQ-12: When a collision occurs as two clients are trying
    to write the same data node, this collision is considered an error.  The

    I2RS priorities are used to provide a deterministic resolution to the
conflict.  
	When there is a collision, and the data node is changed,
       a notification (which includes indicating data
    node the collision occurred on) MUST BE sent to the original client
    to give the original client a chance to deal with the issues
    surrounding the collision.  The original client may need to fix their
    state.

I've included this in version 20. 

Sue 

-----Original Message-----
From: i2rs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Stephen Farrell
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 4:22 PM
To: The IESG
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [i2rs] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on
draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral-state-19: (with COMMENT)

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email
addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Ephemeral-REQ-12: "were created" seems wrong. (Oh, and "MUST BE" isn't 2119
language:-)

_______________________________________________
i2rs mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i2rs