Subject: [i2rs] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral-state-19: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 12:52:54 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral-state-19: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral-state/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm curious about the requirements on YANG and NETCONF/RESTCONF. Does
this contemplate changes to those? Criteria to determine if they are
acceptable choices?

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 16:40:34 -0400

Ben,

> this contemplate changes to those? Criteria to determine if they are

Over the last several years, i2rs offered several examples of what such a
change would look like.  The netmod/netconf groups have made it rather clear
that they wish to be the ones that provide the standardization for that
work.

This document states requirements.  Work in those groups that satisfy the
requirements will be sufficient.

-- Jeff (who has a feeling it'll resemble stuff we've talked about
anyway...)