Subject: [i2rs] IETF sessions

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 20:18:10 -0400

I2RS WG: 

The I2RS WG had 2 sessions for IETF 97.  One session (on Monday) was
schedule to settle any requirement issues prior to meeting with NETCONF or
NETMOD.  The second session was for the I2RS Data models.   At this point,
it appears that the requirements session will not be necessary.   The
requirements documents are going through the IESG or awaiting a revision
form the authors.   So, we believe we are at last through the requirements
phase of the work.   The next steps for the I2RS protocol and I2RS data
model changes is to work through these changes in NETMOD and NETCONF, and to
create open source implementations of these ideas. 

We plan to cancel the Monday meeting and just hold the WG session on
Wednesday from 15:20 - 16:20.  This email is to call for presentations to
see if all the presentations will be able to fit within single hour time
slot.   

This session will focus on new model presentations for I2RS related models -
both protocol specific (BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS) or protocol-independent.   At
that time, we will also present results from the I2RS work at the hackathon.
Due to the late announcement, we will be accepting presentations with drafts
that made the cut-off, drafts that you might published on the first day of
IETF (Monday), or ideas that you would like feedback on.  

Sue Hares and Russ White 

Status of I2RS Requirement documents 
------------------------------------------------------
The I2RS requirements for the additions to the Yang data modeling language
and NETCONf/RESTCONF protocols are making good progress through the IESG
publication progress.  Here's our status: 

RFC7920 - Protocol problem [done]
RFC7921 - I2RS architecture [done] 
RFC7922 - I2RS traceability
RFC7923 - I2RS pub-sub requirements 

draft-ietf-i2rs-protocol-security-requirements-17.txt:  approved for RFC
publication. 
draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral-state-21.txt:  has two issues to address, but I
expect this will be completed by the IETF 97. 

draft-ietf-i2rs-security-environment-reqs-01:   This draft needs an update,
but the protocol work can continue without this draft.
(Draft-ietf-i2rs-security-environment-req-02 missed the update, but will be
available at IETF 97.  We'll have a short review discussion at IETF 97, but
the WG LC will start after IETF) 

draft-i2rs-hares-protocol-strawman-03.txt - will be updated with
experimental results, but the protocol suggestions will be forwarded to the
NETCONF/NETMOD Working groups as alternative drafts. 

-----Original Message-----
From: i2rs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of "IETF Secretariat"
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2016 7:21 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [i2rs] i2rs - Requested sessions have been scheduled for IETF 97

Dear Susan Hares,

The session(s) that you have requested have been scheduled.
Below is the scheduled session information followed by the original request.

i2rs Session 1 (2:00:00)
    Monday, Afternoon Session I 1330-1530
    Room Name: Studio 2 size: 80
    ---------------------------------------------
    i2rs Session 2 (1:00:00)
    Wednesday, Afternoon Session II 1520-1620
    Room Name: Studio 2 size: 80
    ---------------------------------------------

Request Information:

---------------------------------------------------------
Working Group Name: Interface to the Routing System Area Name: Routing Area
Session Requester: Susan Hares

Number of Sessions: 2
Length of Session(s):  2 Hours, 1 Hour
Number of Attendees: 50
Conflicts to Avoid: 
 First Priority: idr trill i2nsf rtgarea rtgwg netconf netmod  Second
Priority: bess nfvrg sdnrg sidr

Special Requests:
  
---------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
i2rs mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i2rs