Subject: [i2rs] YANG modules dependencies tool: result for the I2RS topology documents

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 09:33:05 +0900

Dear all,

Looking at the I2RS topology YANG models in:
draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-l3-topology-04.txt ( 
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-l3-topology>[email-masked], 
[email-masked], 
[email-masked])
draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo-06.txt 
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo> 
([email-masked], [email-masked])

During this week-end hackathon, Joe Clarke created a very useful visual 
tool.
http://yangcatalog.org/yang-search/impact_analysis.php?modules[]=ietf-network-topology&modules[]=ietf-network&modules[]=ietf-l3-unicast-topology&modules[]=ietf-ospf-topology&modules[]=ietf-isis-topology&recurse=0&rfcs=0

Some info on the tool. You can add all the YANG modules you want, you 
can select the level of recursion, you can move the bubbles around, you 
can move the mouse over a YANG module to display the draft name, etc. 
 From there, you can see the bottleneck, i.e. the YANG module that 
should get our prioritized attention (the one with black circle). RFCs 
are in red (and there is a flag to remove them), and drafts are in 
green. See all options under the "graph options" pull down menu.

After selecting the right option, the conclusions are in the attached 
picture.
Un-selecting the "include RFCs" button provides even a clearer view, 
when looking for bottlenecks:

Probably obvious to the people knowledge with the those drafts, but 
there are not import YANG model dependencies.
The picture also displays which YANG models are depending on the 
publication of those two drafts.

Regards, Benoit