Subject: [i2rs] FW: [mpls] Fwd: The RFC Format docs are now RFCs

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 11:29:04 -0500

Fyi - The new format for RFCs will be XML.   All I2RS documents will need to
be in the RFC format. 

Sue 

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	The RFC Format docs are now RFCs
Date: 	Fri, 16 Dec 2016 09:14:27 -0800
From: 	Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]

Hello all,

The RFC Format requirements documents were published this morning. This
represents an enormous amount of work on the part of the RFC Format Design
Team, and an enormous amount of patience and feedback from the community. Of
course, the work isn't quite done - all of these RFCs will undergo a -bis
cycle so we can document the "as built" instead of just the "as proposed."
But regardless of the amount of work still to come, this is a big milestone
for the project!

So, thank you all, and stay tuned for the next steps of code development,
testing, and collecting feedback!

-Heather Flanagan, RSE

The RFC Format Design Team:

   * Nevil Brownlee (ISE)
   * Heather Flanagan (RSE)
   * Tony Hansen
   * Joe Hildebrand
   * Paul Hoffman
   * Ted Lemon
   * Julian Reschke
   * Adam Roach
   * Alice Russo
   * Robert Sparks (Tools Team liaison)
   * Dave Thaler

The RFCs, in suggested reading order:

   * "RFC Format Framework " - https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7990
   * "The "xml2rfc" Version 3 Vocabulary" -
     https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7991
   * "HTML Format for RFCs" - https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7992
   * "Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) Requirements for RFCs" -
     https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7993
   * "Requirements for Plain-Text RFCs" -
     https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7994
   * "PDF Format for RFCs" - https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7995
   * "SVG Drawings for RFCs: SVG 1.2 RFC" -
     https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7996
   * "The Use of Non-ASCII Characters in RFCs" -
     https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7997
   * ""xml2rfc" Version 3 Preparation Tool Description" -
     https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7997

-