Subject: [i2rs] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-data-model-10: (with COMMENT)

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2018 00:15:06 -0700

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-data-model-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-data-model/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) "This document defines a YANG data model for Routing Information Base (RIB)
that aligns with the I2RS RIB information model."  That and the multiple
references to the information model (in the text and on the e-mail archive)
make it a required document to understand for the implementation of the data
model.  draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model should then be a Normative reference.

I am not making this point a DISCUSS because I think it is easy to solve: just
move the reference.

(2) In Figure 1: s/route-reason-definition/route-change-reason-definition

(3) For completeness: in S2.3, the Reason attribute is missing (from S4 in
draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model).

---

From: Mach Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2018 07:43:21 +0000

Hi Alvaro,

Thanks for the comments, please see my replies inline...

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alvaro Retana [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2018 3:15 PM
> To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]; Susan Hares <[email-masked]>;
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-data-model-10:
> (with COMMENT)
> 
> When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email
> addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this introductory
> paragraph, however.)
> 
> 
> (1) "This document defines a YANG data model for Routing Information Base
> (RIB) that aligns with the I2RS RIB information model."  That and the multiple

I am OK with it.

> (2) In Figure 1: s/route-reason-definition/route-change-reason-definition

Done.

> 
> (3) For completeness: in S2.3, the Reason attribute is missing (from S4 in draft-
> ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model).
Add the following item:

"REASON - Indicates the specific reason that causes the failure, E.g.  Not authorized."

Hope this address your comments!

Thanks,
Mach