Subject: [Ice] Fwd: Martin Stiemerling's Yes on charter-ietf-ice-00-03: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 14:53:57 -0500

Does anyone have thoughts on Martin's question below?

Forwarded message:

> From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
> To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Subject: Martin Stiemerling's Yes on charter-ietf-ice-00-03: (with COMMENT)
> Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 00:45:08 -0700
>
> - Does the item "congestion control" include the topic of pacing ICE? ICE
> pacing has been discussed in the past and I am not sure that this has
> been dealt with in the past or if this is being include in the scope of
> the ICE WG as a work topic?

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 16:00:42 -0400

>> the ICE WG as a work topic?

Our friends at Google presented some data in Prague that seemed to
indicate that pacing could be much faster than what ICE currently
recommends. The WG asked for further experiments.

In short, I would expect this conversation to continue and reach a
conclusion in the new ICE WG.

Simon

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 15:04:17 -0500

(Oops, I meant to copy Martin. Added.)

Martin, does that answer your question? My inclination is that this is 
just part of the work already described, and doesn't need to be 
explicitly mentioned on the charter. Does that work for you?

Thanks!

Ben.