Subject: [Ice] ice-bis-01 - clarification on rtcp candidates

From: Suhas Nandakumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 00:20:35 -0800

Latest ice-bis says

"When candidates are obtained, unless the agent knows for sure that RTP/RTCP
multiplexing will be used (i.e. the agent knows that the other agent also
supports, and is willing to use, RTP/RTCP multiplexing), or unless the
agent only supports RTP/RTCP multiplexing, the agent MUST obtain a separate
candidate for RTCP. If an agent has obtained a candidate for RTCP, and ends
up using RTP/RTCP multiplexing, the agent does not need to perform
connectivity checks on the RTCP candidate

I am unsure of mechanisms to verify

"the agent knows that the other agent also supports, and is willing to use,
RTP/RTCP multiplexing"

I am unsure of mechanisms to verify
How would an initiating agent know before hand that the responding agent is
willing to use RTCP Mux for a given session.

Thanks
Suhas

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 08:28:13 +0000

Hi,

As ICEbis is ”protocol independent”, specific signaling protocols can have whatever mechanisms for exchanging feature support before candidates are obtained/exchanged :)

Regards,

Christer

From: Ice [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Suhas Nandakumar
Sent: 25. tammikuuta 2016 10:21
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ice] ice-bis-01 - clarification on rtcp candidates

Latest ice-bis says

"When candidates are obtained, unless the agent knows for sure that RTP/RTCP multiplexing will be used (i.e. the agent knows that the other agent also supports, and is willing to use, RTP/RTCP multiplexing), or unless the agent only supports RTP/RTCP multiplexing, the agent MUST obtain a separate candidate for RTCP. If an agent has obtained a candidate for RTCP, and ends up using RTP/RTCP multiplexing, the agent does not need to perform connectivity checks on the RTCP candidate

"the agent knows that the other agent also supports, and is willing to use, RTP/RTCP multiplexing"

I am unsure of mechanisms to verify
How would an initiating agent know before hand that the responding agent is willing to use RTCP Mux for a given session.

Thanks
Suhas