Subject: [Ice] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ice-dualstack-fairness-03.txt> (ICE Multihomed and IPv4/IPv6 Dual Stack Fairness) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 07:41:49 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Interactive Connectivity
Establishment WG (ice) to consider the following document:
- 'ICE Multihomed and IPv4/IPv6 Dual Stack Fairness'
  <draft-ietf-ice-dualstack-fairness-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-07-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides guidelines on how to make Interactive
   Connectivity Establishment (ICE) conclude faster in multihomed and
   IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack scenarios where broken paths exist.  The
   provided guidelines are backwards compatible with the original ICE
   specification.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ice-dualstack-fairness/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ice-dualstack-fairness/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.