Subject: [Ice] Trickle ICE Section 8

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 14:46:13 -0700

In order to preserve this feature in Trickle ICE, when trickling
   candidates agents MUST respect the order of the components as they
   appear (implicitly or explicitly) in the offer/answer descriptions.

   Therefore a candidate for a specific component MUST NOT be sent prior
   to candidates for other components within the same foundation.

[BA] The above sentence would seem to require candidates with

the same foundation to be sent simultaneously.  Is this what you

mean??

   For example, the following SDP description contains two components
   (RTP and RTCP) and two foundations (host and server reflexive):

     v=0
     o=jdoe 2890844526 2890842807 IN IP6 2001:db8:a0b:12f0::1
     s=
     c=IN IP4 2001:db8:a0b:12f0::1
     t=0 0
     a=ice-pwd:asd88fgpdd777uzjYhagZg
     a=ice-ufrag:8hhY
     m=audio 5000 RTP/AVP 0
     a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
     a=candidate:1 1 UDP 2130706431 2001:db8:a0b:12f0::1 5000 typ host
     a=candidate:1 2 UDP 2130706431 2001:db8:a0b:12f0::1 5001 typ host
     a=candidate:2 1 UDP 1694498815 2001:db8:a0b:12f0::3 5000 typ srflx
         raddr 2001:db8:a0b:12f0::1 rport 8998
     a=candidate:2 2 UDP 1694498815 2001:db8:a0b:12f0::3 5001 typ srflx
         raddr 2001:db8:a0b:12f0::1 rport 8998

   For this description the RTCP host candidate MUST NOT be sent prior
   to the RTP host candidate.  Similarly the RTP server reflexive
   candidate MUST be sent together with or prior to the RTCP server
   reflexive candidate.

   Note: The order restriction only applies among candidates that belong
   to the same foundation.

[BA] This sentence would appear redundant.

   It is also equally important to preserve this order across media
   streams, which is covered by the requirement to always start
   unfreezing candidates starting from the first media stream as
   described under Section 5.2
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ice-trickle-04#section-5.2>.

[BA] Would change this to:

"It is also important to preserve order across media streams"