Subject: [Ice] trickle-11: Unfreezing of candidate pairs on connectivity check success

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 12:17:16 +0000

Hi,

We may have discussed this before, but as it still exists in
draft-trickle-11 I will comment on it:

Section 8.1.1. contains the following text:

   	"Then, as the checks proceed (see Section 6.2.5.4 of [rfc5245bis]),
   	for each pair that enters the Succeeded state (denoted here by "S"),
   	the agent will unfreeze all pairs for the same media stream and
   	foundation (e.g., if the pair in column 1, row 1 succeeds then the
   	agent will unfreeze the pair in column 1, row 2).²

First, I believe the 5245bis section to reference is 6.2.5.3.3.

Second, according to the text in section 6.2.5.3.3 of 5245bis, *all* pairs
for *all* streams (for a given foundation) are unfrozen once the checked
pair succeeds - not only pairs for the same stream.

	"The success of the connectivity check might also cause the state of
	other candidate pairs to change.  The ICE agent MUST set the states
	for all other Frozen candidate pairs (in each CHECK LIST in the CHECK
	LIST SET) with the same foundation to Waiting."

Regards,

Christer

---

From: Peter Thatcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2017 01:07:46 +0000

I'm a little confused about the second point.  It seems like the text is
saying to unfreeze the pairs with the same foundation in all check lists,
and that sounds correct to me.  Are you saying it shouldn't unfreeze across
all check lists?

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 5:17 AM Christer Holmberg <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Ice mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ice
>

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 06:48:08 +0000

Hi,

> I'm a little confused about the second point.  It seems like the text is saying to unfreeze the pairs with the same foundation in all check lists, and that sounds correct to me.

That is what it should say :)

But the text says “for the SAME media stream and foundation”. It should say “for ALL media streams with the same foundation”.

Also, in Figure 3 only m2 is set to W. m3 and m4 should also be set to W.

Now, in Figure 4 m3 and m4 ARE set to W, so maybe my issue is that I don’t really see the difference between Figure 3 and 4. Couldn't Figure 3 be removed?

Regards,

Christer

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 5:17 AM Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
Hi,

Regards,

Christer

_______________________________________________
Ice mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ice