Subject: [Ice] Changes to draft-ietf-ice-rfc5245bis-17 (from -16)

From: Peter Thatcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 16:52:03 +0000

ICEbis has been making steady progress through IESG review.  Christer has
been doing a great job responding to all the comments there, mostly
editorial ones.  If you'd like to keep up on the changes to ICEbis, here's
a diff from -16 to -17:

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-ice-rfc5245bis-16&url2=draft-ietf-ice-rfc5245bis-17&difftype=--html

The biggest changes are (in the order they appear in the diff):

- For ICE lite, there is 0 or 1 candidate per IP for both IPv4 and IPv6
(previously IPv4 could only have 0 or 1, not 0 or 1 per IP; this makes IPv4
and IPv6 the same).

- Multihomed agents are recommended to run full ICE implementations.

- When restarting ICE, the agent must verify that the new local ufrag/pwd
were not used previously.

- "Num-Of-Pairs" in gathering phase changed to "Num-Of-Cands" (seems like
an error in 5245)

- The text around hard ICMP errors is more specific, especially around and
the security implications related to them.

These are all non-editorial changes and so we would like to to verify WG
consensus for them, in particular around ICMP hard errors.  Please let us
know by 28th of February if you have any concerns about these changes.

Thanks,

ICE WG Chairs

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 16:36:49 -0800

On 2/21/18 8:52 AM, Peter Thatcher wrote:
> ICEbis has been making steady progress through IESG review.  Christer
> has been doing a great job responding to all the comments there, 

Big thanks to Crister for his quick and efficient processing of feedback!

> mostly
> editorial ones.  If you'd like to keep up on the changes to ICEbis,
> here's a diff from -16 to -17:
> 

IMHO that all looks good.

Peter