Subject: [Ice] RFC 8445 on Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE): A Protocol for Network Address Translator (NAT) Traversal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 15:28:45 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8445

        Title:      Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE): 
                    A Protocol for Network Address Translator (NAT) 
                    Traversal 
        Author:     A. Keranen,
                    C. Holmberg,
                    J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      100
        Characters: 239713
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5245

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ice-rfc5245bis-20.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8445

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8445

This document describes a protocol for Network Address Translator
(NAT) traversal for UDP-based communication.  This protocol is called
Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE).  ICE makes use of the
Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) protocol and its
extension, Traversal Using Relay NAT (TURN).

This document obsoletes RFC 5245.

This document is a product of the Interactive Connectivity Establishment Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Ari Keränen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 16:46:57 +0000

ICE WG,

This is great news! I'd like to thank you all for the hard work over the (many, many) years you have put into making this happen.

Cheers,
Ari

> On 19 Jul 2018, at 18.28, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Ice mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ice

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 11:34:31 -0600

+1!

With 8445 published and trickle in the RFC Editor's queue, it looks like
we can update the WG milestones. :-)

---

From: Ari Keränen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 18:17:03 +0000

Indeed :) Milestones marked done now. I think we are very close to declaring success.

Cheers,
Ari

> On 20 Jul 2018, at 13.34, Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> +1!
>