Subject: [Ice] BCP 217, RFC 8421 on Guidelines for Multihomed and IPv4/IPv6 Dual-Stack Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 15:28:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 217        
        RFC 8421

        Title:      Guidelines for Multihomed and IPv4/IPv6 Dual-Stack 
                    Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) 
        Author:     P. Martinsen,
                    T. Reddy,
                    P. Patil
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 20268
        See Also:   BCP 217

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ice-dualstack-fairness-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8421

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8421

This document provides guidelines on how to make Interactive
Connectivity Establishment (ICE) conclude faster in multihomed and
IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack scenarios where broken paths exist.  The
provided guidelines are backward compatible with the original ICE
specification (see RFC 5245).

This document is a product of the Interactive Connectivity Establishment Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC