Subject: [Ice] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ice-pac-03.txt> (Interactive Connectivity Establishment Patiently Awaiting Connectivity (ICE PAC)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 15:38:50 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Interactive Connectivity
Establishment WG (ice) to consider the following document: - 'Interactive
Connectivity Establishment Patiently Awaiting Connectivity
   (ICE PAC)'
  <draft-ietf-ice-pac-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-01-24. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   During the process of establishing peer-to-peer connectivity, ICE
   agents can encounter situations where they have no candidate pairs to
   check, and, as a result, conclude that ICE processing has failed.
   However, because additional candidate pairs can be discovered during
   ICE processing, declaring failure at this point may be premature.
   This document discusses when these situations can occur and proposes
   a way to avoid premature failure.  This document updates RFC 8445 and
   RFC XXXX.

   [RFC EDITOR NOTE: Please replace RFC XXXX with the RFC number of
   draft-ietf-ice-trickle once it has been published.  Please also
   indicate that this specification updates RFC XXXX.]

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ice-pac/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ice-pac/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.