Subject: [Ideas] Side meeting on Distributed Internet Infrastructure at IETF-99

From: "Dirk Kutscher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2017 22:48:31 +0200

[This might be related to some of the ideas in IDEAS — apologies if 
you receive it more than once]

Hi all,

we are holding another side meeting on Distributed Internet 
Infrastructure at IETF-99. We had some good discussions with interested 
folks in and outside the IRTF in the past months and thought that it 
might be a good time now to try to start a more structured activity in 
the IRTF.

The scope would be “Distributed Internet Infrastructure”, I.e., 
applying distributed ledger technologies (such as blockchain, but not 
limited to it) to Internet technologies, for example to decentralized 
name registries, identity management, decentralized web etc.

We have some people looking at the topic from different angles, i.e., 
IoT, decentralized web, Internet architecture and think that there is an 
interesting and potentially very productive scope we could work in the 
IRTF.

The meeting to discuss this will be a side meeting on Monday, July 17, 
18:50 to 20:50 in the Tyrolka room of the Hilton hotel (meeting hotel).

The agenda (as of current planning):

1) Background and Purpose
2) Selected Use Cases and Related Efforts
- Decentralized OAuth
- IoT
- COALA.global
3) Ledger Technology
4) Next steps, RG Formation

We’ll post agenda details, updated etc. on 
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/irtf/wiki/blockchain-federation

Let us know in case you have any question or are interested to get 
involved!

Best regards,
Dirk (on behalf of co-organizers)