Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idmr-igmp-v3-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 09:48:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Multicast Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Group Management Protocol, Version 3
	Author(s)	: B. Cain, S. Deering, I. Kouvelas, A. Thyagarajan 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idmr-igmp-v3-04.txt
	Pages		: 44
	Date		: 05-Jun-00
	
This document specifies Version 3 of the Internet Group Management
Protocol, IGMPv3.  IGMP is the protocol used by IPv4 systems to report
their IP multicast group memberships to neighboring multicast routers.
Version 3 of IGMP adds support for 'source filtering', that is, the
ability for a system to report interest in receiving packets *only* from
specific source addresses, or from *all but* specific source addresses,
sent to a particular multicast address.  That information may be used by
multicast routing protocols to avoid delivering multicast packets from
specific sources to networks where there are no interested receivers.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Multicast Routing working
group within the Internet Engineering Task Force.  Comments are
solicited and should be addressed to the working group's mailing list at
[email-masked] and/or the authors.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idmr-igmp-v3-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idmr-igmp-v3-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idmr-igmp-v3-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.