Subject: More on IGMPv3

From: "Pedro M. Ruiz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:06:38 +0200

Hello all,

	We are working on developing some of extensions to the IP 
Multicast model. These extensions provide some mechanisms to avoid 
not
desired multicast traffic via control and authentication of group 
members.

	We think that IGMPv3 (with some extensions for authentication) is a 
very good basis for achieving our goal by using its filtering 
capabilities.

Being more specific, we are planing to use the extension field of the 
IGMPv3 packet for carrying authentication data plus IGMPv3 source 
filtering capabilities.

	We would like to know if there is any available 
implementation of IGMPv3 over linux or FreeBSD. Is there some other 
people interested on this topic?.

	We also want to know if this is the correct place to present our 
ideas or there is a more suitable WG.

	Do you think we should write an Internet-Draft on the proposal?

Thanks in advance,

---------------------------------------------------------
Pedro M. Ruiz Martinez         Phone: +34 916245974 
Area of Telematics Engineering Fax: +34 916249430
Univ. Carlos III of Madrid     E-mail: [email-masked]
Avda. Universidad, 30          WWW: http://www.it.uc3m.es
28911 Leganés (Madrid)
---------------------------------------------------------
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"