Subject: Re: DVMRP Forwarding

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:55:43 -0700

DVMRP builds per-source trees, therefore failing to forward traffic from
S2 to G just because someone has sent you a prune for traffic from S1 to G
can create black holes.  (What is a leaf on the tree for S1 may be a
branch on the tree for S2.)

  Bill

---

From: Isidor Kouvelas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:38:35 -0700

>branch on the tree for S2.)

Different outgoing interface lists for sources with the same RPF interface
and in the same group will become more common when IGMPv3 is deployed...

Isidor

---

From: Steve Deering <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:09:09 -0700

>and in the same group will become more common when IGMPv3 is deployed...

That can occur quite naturally even without IGMPv3.

Steve