Subject: Re: Standardisation of IGMPv3

From: Jon Crowcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:04:56 +0100

In message <[email-masked]>, Bill Fenner typed:

 >>>whatever happend to the old IETF tradition of forwards
 >>>compatability?:-)
 
 >>There's plenty of space in IGMPv3 packets that's available for future
 >>expansion.  See section 4.1.10 for information about additional data in
 >>Query messages, 4.2.6&4.2.10 for additional per-group data in Report
 >>messages (which is the obvious place to put the mask extension), and
 >>4.2.11 for additional data relating to an entire Report message.

  Bill

ok - sounds fine then...so i guess i'll go back to sleep...

 cheers

   jon

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 08:25:52 -0700

Bill