From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:06:37 +0530 (IST)

Subject: Src Mask in dvmrp prune/grafts
From: Vijay <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:17:23 +0530 (IST)

Hello,
 With regard to your reply that src mask in dvmrp prune is associate it
with the route-

 Should'nt the prunes in dvmrp be concerned with the source alone. The
changes to the delivery tree, which associates to the route, are
indicated in the route reports and poison reports itself. A prune merely
removes the interface from the downstream list for the particular
source(src-network if mask is valid in prune) - group  in the forwarding
cache. It should not cut off the branch of the per source delivery tree
because the downstream may have members interested in some other group but
same source. Hence,where is the association between route and prune and hence what is the
need of netmask unless IGMP uses it.

Please clarify if I have misunderstood.

Regards,
Vijay