Subject: IDMR web pages updated

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:53:35 -0700

I've updated the IDMR document status page, and added a mailing list
archive.  See http://www.aciri.org/fenner/idmr/ .

  Bill

---

From: Wilbert de Graaf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 17:31:44 -0700

IDMR,

I have two small requests for the IGMPv3 spec:

1) For now I've heard 3 different interpretations about how to report the
equivalent of the IGMPv2 leave message in IGMPv3 mode.
    - act like there was a sollicitation for that group, and send IS_IN {}
    - send a TO_IN {}
    or, as is implied by the draft,
    - send a normal state-change report:
        if current mode is include a source list change with
BLOCK_OLD_SOURCES with the current sourcelist
        if current mode is exclude, a TO_IN {}
2) I'm not sure anymore if a host has to report groups in the reserved range
224.0.0.x, other than 224.0.0.1 (as specified in rfc1112). If not, could you
specify not to report these other groups in the reserved range ?

- Wilbert

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 21:40:17 -0700

>specify not to report these other groups in the reserved range ?

I think the issue here is with IGMP-snooping ethernet switches.  Not
reporting these groups would require that the host has some other way
to signal its membership to the switch.

Cheers,
	Mark