Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idmr-msf-api-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 06:56:20 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Multicast Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Socket Interface Extensions for Multicast Source 
                          Filters
	Author(s)	: D. Thaler, B. Fenner, B. Quinn
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idmr-msf-api-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 13-Jul-00
	
IGMPv3 for IPv4 adds the capability for applications to express
source filters on multicast group memberships, which allows
receiver applications to determine the set of senders (sources)
from which to accept multicast traffic.  This capability also
simplifies support of one-to-many type multicast applications.  It
is expected that in the future, the same capability will be
available in IPv6 as well.

This document specifies new socket options and ioctl commands to
manage source filters for IP Multicast group memberships.  It also
defines the socket structures to provide input and output
arguments to these new APIs.  These extensions are designed to
provide access to the source filtering features, while introducing
a minimum of change into the system and providing complete
compatibility for existing multicast applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idmr-msf-api-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idmr-msf-api-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idmr-msf-api-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.