Subject: igmpv3

From: LEVIS Pierre FTRD/DMI/CAE <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 14:33:31 +0100

Hi all,

In section 7.3.1. of <draft-ietf-idmr-igmp-v3-04.txt> one can read: "If a
router is not explicitly configured to use IGMPv1 and hears an IGMPv1 Query
or IGMPv2 Query, it SHOULD log a warning." That would suggest that a router
explicitly configured to use IGMPv2 should log a warning when it hears an
IGMPv2 Query. I wonder if it is really what is intended and if so, why?

Pierre

---

From: Isidor Kouvelas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:56:40 -0800

There is no mechanism in IGMP to handle routers on the same LAN
configured with different versions of IGMP. It is up to the
administrator to make sure all the routers are configured with
the same version. This is why the action upon detecting a
missconfigured router is to log a warning.

thanks
I