Subject: [EAI] [eai] rfc5335bis #10 (new): POLL: new text to insert as subsection (1.x) under section Introduction

From: "eai issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 05:50:18 -0000

#10: POLL: new text to insert as subsection (1.x) under section Introduction

 POLL: Is the new text good to insert as subsection (1.1) under the
 Introduction section, replacing section 1.2 under version 07 and section
 1.1 under version 08 of RFC5335bis

 suggested text
 --------

 1.1 Brief Overview of Changes

 This document updates email header [RFC5322] and MIME header [RFC2045].
 Email header value extends beyond ASCII, allowing UTF-8 encoding.  MIME
 header lifts the prohibition against using content-transfer-encoding on
 all subtypes under composite-type "message/".

 Appendix A documents the derived ABNF rules that inherit support UTF-8,
 due to the update of ABNF introduces from this document.

 [Editor notes will be removed before Last Call]

 [Editor Note 1: This revision (-08 and up) changed the ABNF approach
 compared to previous revision (-07 and before). ]

 [Editor Note 2: pending -- ABF to support IDN]

 [Editor Note 3: Discuss with WG whether some fields, like Trace header,
 have issues if UTF-8 encoding allowed in values]

 --------

-- 
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jyee@…                |       Owner:      
     Type:  state                 |      Status:  new 
 Priority:  major                 |   Milestone:      
Component:  rfc5335bis            |     Version:      
 Severity:  Active WG Document    |    Keywords:  poll
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/eai/trac/ticket/10>
eai <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/eai/>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 18:20:01 -0800 (PST)

>  1.1 under version 08 of RFC5335bis

I suggest deferring this until we're done with everything else. That
will determine what belongs here.

				Ned

> _______________________________________________
> IMA mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima