Subject: Re: [EAI] #10 - new text to insert as subsection (1.x) under section Introduction

From: Shawn Steele <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 21:30:33 +0000

I'm also fine with this

-Shawn
------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 05:50:18 -0000
From: "eai issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [EAI] [eai] rfc5335bis #10 (new): POLL: new text to insert as
	subsection (1.x) under section Introduction
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

#10: POLL: new text to insert as subsection (1.x) under section Introduction

 POLL: Is the new text good to insert as subsection (1.1) under the
 Introduction section, replacing section 1.2 under version 07 and section
 1.1 under version 08 of RFC5335bis

 suggested text
 --------

 1.1 Brief Overview of Changes

 This document updates email header [RFC5322] and MIME header [RFC2045].
 Email header value extends beyond ASCII, allowing UTF-8 encoding.  MIME
 header lifts the prohibition against using content-transfer-encoding on
 all subtypes under composite-type "message/".

 Appendix A documents the derived ABNF rules that inherit support UTF-8,
 due to the update of ABNF introduces from this document.

 [Editor notes will be removed before Last Call]

 [Editor Note 1: This revision (-08 and up) changed the ABNF approach
 compared to previous revision (-07 and before). ]

 [Editor Note 2: pending -- ABF to support IDN]

 [Editor Note 3: Discuss with WG whether some fields, like Trace header,
 have issues if UTF-8 encoding allowed in values]

 --------

-- 
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jyee@?                |       Owner:      
     Type:  state                 |      Status:  new 
 Priority:  major                 |   Milestone:      
Component:  rfc5335bis            |     Version:      
 Severity:  Active WG Document    |    Keywords:  poll
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/eai/trac/ticket/10>
eai <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/eai/>

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima

End of IMA Digest, Vol 67, Issue 20
***********************************