Subject: [EAI] Last Call: <draft-ietf-eai-rfc5337bis-dsn-04.txt> (Internationalized Delivery Status and Disposition Notifications) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 08:09:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Email Address
Internationalization WG (eai) to consider the following document:
- 'Internationalized Delivery Status and Disposition Notifications'
  <draft-ietf-eai-rfc5337bis-dsn-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Delivery status notifications (DSNs) are critical to the correct
   operation of an email system.  However, the existing Draft Standards
   (RFC 3461, RFC 3462, RFC 3464) are presently limited to US-ASCII text
   in the machine-readable portions of the protocol.  This specification
   adds a new address type for international email addresses so an
   original recipient address with non-US-ASCII characters can be
   correctly preserved even after downgrading.  This also provides
   updated content return media types for delivery status notifications
   and message disposition notifications to support use of the new
   address type.

   This document extends RFC 3461, RFC 3462, RFC 3464, and RFC 3798.  It
   replaces the experimental RFC 5337.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eai-rfc5337bis-dsn/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eai-rfc5337bis-dsn/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.