Subject: [EAI] Last Call: <draft-ietf-eai-rfc5721bis-07.txt> (POP3 Support for UTF-8) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 08:08:21 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Email Address
Internationalization WG (eai) to consider the following document:
- 'POP3 Support for UTF-8'
  <draft-ietf-eai-rfc5721bis-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

Please note: This document is one a set of four interdependent
documents:

draft-ietf-eai-5738bis
draft-ietf-eai-popimap-downgrade
draft-ietf-eai-rfc5721bis
draft-ietf-eai-simpledowngrade

These documents should be reviewed, evaluated, and understood
together.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-09-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification extends the Post Office Protocol version 3 (POP3)
   to support UTF-8 encoded international string in user names,
   passwords, mail addresses, message headers, and protocol-level
   textual strings.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eai-rfc5721bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eai-rfc5721bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.