Subject: [EAI] Last Call: <draft-ietf-eai-simpledowngrade-07.txt> (Simplified POP/IMAP Downgrading for Internationalized Email) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 08:09:24 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Email Address
Internationalization WG (eai) to consider the following document:
- 'Simplified POP/IMAP Downgrading for Internationalized Email'
  <draft-ietf-eai-simpledowngrade-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

Please note: This document is one a set of four interdependent
documents:

draft-ietf-eai-5738bis
draft-ietf-eai-popimap-downgrade
draft-ietf-eai-rfc5721bis
draft-ietf-eai-simpledowngrade

These documents should be reviewed, evaluated, and understood
together.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-09-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a method for IMAP and POP servers to serve
   internationalized messages to conventional clients. The specification
   is simple, easy to implement and provides only rudimentary results.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eai-simpledowngrade/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eai-simpledowngrade/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.