Subject: [Int-dir] INT-DIR review of draft-ietf-6lo-privacy-considerations-03

From: 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 09:34:26 -0700

I am an assigned INT directorate reviewer for
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lo-privacy-considerations-03>.
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the Internet
Area Directors. Document editors and shepherd(s) should treat these
comments just like they would treat comments from any other IETF
contributors and resolve them along with any other Last Call comments
that have been received. For more details on the INT Directorate,
see http://www.ietf.org/iesg/directorate.html.

This document is very well written and looks useful.  I didn't find
any obvious technical issues that may block publication.

One possible point that my warrant a discussion is that this document
doesn't seem to be very specific to resource constrained nodes (as the
title and abstract suggests).  I don't see anything tightly specific
to such nodes except for some parts of Section 3.  Even in Section 3
most of the discussions seem generic.  I wonder whether such general
privacy issues regarding IPv6 addresses are already covered by some
existing documents.  If so, this document could be much shorter by
just referring to such documents and focusing on a few points specific
to 6lo nodes.  If not, we might rather consider publishing it as such
a generic document.

--
JINMEI, Tatuya