Subject: Re: [Int-dir] Intdir last call review of draft-ietf-bess-evpn-na-flags-05

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 12:15:22 +0000

Ralf

Sorry for my belated 'thank you' for your prompt review of this document.

Very much appreciated

-éric

-----Original Message-----
From: Int-dir <[email-masked]> on behalf of Ralf Weber via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Ralf Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, 28 August 2020 at 18:29
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Int-dir] Intdir last call review of draft-ietf-bess-evpn-na-flags-05

    Reviewer: Ralf Weber
    Review result: Ready

    Moin!

    I am an assigned INT directorate reviewer for draft-ietf-bess-evpn-na-flags.

    These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the Internet Area
    Directors. Document editors and shepherd(s) should treat these comments just
    like they would treat comments from any other IETF contributors and resolve
    them along with any other Last Call comments that have been received. For more
    details on the INT Directorate, see
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/intdir/about/

    The draft does a very good job explaining the motivation, definition and use of
    the extended community flags with good and applicable examples. I personally
    would have used stronger (MUST) language for the R and O bits set to 0 on the
    IPv4->MAC transmission (3.1 sub point 2), but as these are optional anyway and
    must be ignored by the receiver it really makes no difference.

    So long
    -Ralf

    _______________________________________________
    Int-dir mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-dir