Subject: [Int-dir] Intdir telechat review of draft-ietf-quic-transport-33

From: Bernie Volz via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 10:57:12 -0800

Reviewer: Bernie Volz
Review result: Ready

I am an assigned INT directorate reviewer for draft-ietf-quic-transport-33.
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the Internet Area
Directors. Document editors and shepherd(s) should treat these comments just
like they would treat comments from any other IETF contributors and resolve
them along with any other Last Call comments that have been received. For more
details on the INT Directorate, see
https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/intdir/about/.

Based on my review, if I was on the IESG I would ballot this document as NO
OBJECTION.

There is a lot here and the document seems well put together and thorough.

I didn’t notice any major or even minor issues with the document – it looks
like it has had lots of careful review to date. (The one minor typo is
“version” is misspelled as “verion” in the “DO NOT DEPLOY THIS VERSION OF QUIC”
text, which will be removed anyway.)

I also reviewed the document for the items listed at
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/int/wiki/IntAreaIssues and the document fully
supports IPv6 (it support both IPv4 and IPv6 equally), deal with MTU and
fragmentation properly, and has no other issues listed at this link.

Therefore, I think this document is ready to advance.

-       Bernie Volz

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2021 20:10:41 +0000

Bernie

Thank you very much for this internet directorate review of this huge but also fundamental and important document, I does help me with my own review.

Regards

-éric

-----Original Message-----
From: Int-dir <[email-masked]> on behalf of Bernie Volz via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Monday, 4 January 2021 at 19:57
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Int-dir] Intdir telechat review of draft-ietf-quic-transport-33

    Reviewer: Bernie Volz
    Review result: Ready

    -       Bernie Volz

    _______________________________________________
    Int-dir mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-dir