Subject: [ipfix] ipfix data model contribution

From: "Kevin Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 11:14:24 -0500

Hi KC,

Attached please find my contribution to the data model document, it is intended to be included in section 5 to specify message coding schemes.

Thanks,

Kevin

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 10:21:40 -0500

This looks like protocol definition to me. I thought
we were supposed to select a protocol not build one.

Kevin Zhang wrote:
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                                                Name: draft-ietf-ipfix-data-section5-xacct.txt
>    draft-ietf-ipfix-data-section5-xacct.txt    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>                                            Encoding: quoted-printable

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/

---

From: "Peter Ludemann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 12:17:27 -0800

> we were supposed to select a protocol not build one.

This is an existing protocol (at least, it's been specified and implemented;
and it has survived some fairly nasty testing at my hands and at the hands
of other sadists).

Most of what Kevin contributed is related to data format ... there's a
little bit that relates to protocol matters (e.g., start/stop) and some that
might be arguable as to which document it belongs in (data templates and
negotiation).

- peter

----
Peter Ludemann           [email-masked]
Chief Architect          +1.408.330.5732
XACCT Technologies, Inc.
2900 Lakeside Drive      Santa Clara, CA 95054