Subject: [ipfix] Draft updates -

From: "K.C. Norseth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:46:34 -0700

Folks,

Enclosed is the location for the new drafts.  I have included Benoit and
Ganeshes (B/G) document in them as suggested by people. The previous
documents are avaiable in the doc021002/  directory.

(http://www.norseth.org/ietf/ipfix)

http://norseth.org/ietf/ipfix/draft-ietf-ipfix-architecture-00.txt
http://norseth.org/ietf/ipfix/draft-ietf-ipfix-data-00.txt

http://norseth.org/ietf/ipfix/draft-ietf-ipfix-architecture-00.doc
http://norseth.org/ietf/ipfix/draft-ietf-ipfix-data-00.doc

I do want to apologize.  There was a misunderstanding.  I had not included
Benoits and Ganeshes draft because I was waiting for them to tell me to or
someone to.  They are great and should be incorporated, so now they are.

On the arch document.
I have removed the terminology section.  These do fit better inthe
requirements doc.

On the data document.

I have combined what I saw was missing the B/G's document had.  They were in
2 different formats. Rather than try to convet outright, I started putting
them in the original format. Ileft the Value and size in the text.  The B/G
elements need more explanation than what was provided.  Benoit, Ganesh,
Would this be possible?

I also added a section of packet management, which is things like version.
This needs more.  What am I mising?

Paul wrote on address types.
"Depends on how the address is encoded. If the address family is included no
version if needed.If not, them we either need a version of theIE itself can
specify (e.g. SRC_ADDR_IPV4, SRC_ADDR_IPV6)"

We need to address this.  I left this alone form B/G doc, but it is
dissimilar to what was there.  We need to standardize.

I hope we are getting the content defined better.  I will keep working on
smoothing the items out.
K.C.

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/