Subject: [ipfix] IPFIX Design team drafts

From: "K.C. Norseth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 18:38:07 -0700

Folks,

I have updated the IPFIX design team documents.  The archecture document has
not changed other than calling it a design team draft vs a IETF IPFIX draft.

The data draft has had the inclusion of CRANE in section 5 as a POSSIBLE
protocol to consider. Currently, NetFlow v9 and CRANE are represented.
Where we are trying to see if we can use an established protocol in IPFIX,
CRANE, LFAP and NetFlow v9 are represented in Section 5.    When LFAP gets
me their piece, I will put it here also.  Currently  just the URL for LFAP
is provided.

I DO NOT PROPOSE WE IMPLEMENT ALL PROTOCOLS.  I AM SHOWING THEM TOGETHER FOR
COMPARITIVE ANALYSIS..  WE NEED TO HAVE ONLY ONE.  We need the concensus of
the WG to decide which protocol to use.

Remember, we have until Friday to get this draft clean to get it submitted
to the IETF.  Comments are needed.  The review board is meeting tomorrow.
Any comments you give ASAP will be appreciated by all of us.

Text Versions
http://norseth.org/ietf/ipfix/draft-team-ipfix-architecture-00.txt
http://norseth.org/ietf/ipfix/draft-team-ipfix-data-00.txt

Microsoft word
http://norseth.org/ietf/ipfix/draft-team-ipfix-architecture-00.doc
http://norseth.org/ietf/ipfix/draft-team-ipfix-data-00.doc

If anyone needs these emailed to you, let me know.

K.C.

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/