Subject: [ipfix] IPFIX Drafts

From: "K.C. Norseth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 23:09:43 -0700

Here are the drafts for the IPFIX dated 2-10-2002.  If you cannot access
them on the website, email me and I will send them to you.  I have tried to
put together the  components as well as possible, but I know I  missed
things.  What we need to do now is to correct items wrong, add items
missing, fill in any blanks, reorder the sections and prepare them to go
out.

NOTE.  I did split the architecture and the data drafts into 2.  It ended up
being easier to work with and discuss.

There are still some issues being discussed.  Not all of that is put in the
documents.  Juergen has also added some comments yesterday, but no one has
had a chance to discuss them, so they are not included.  I will add them as
they get closure.

As you comment on things, please work all comments on the numbering I have
in these documents.

Text format:
http://norseth.org/ietf/ipfix/draft-ietf-ipfix-data-00.txt
http://norseth.org/ietf/ipfix/draft-ietf-ipfix-architecture-00.txt

Word format:
http://norseth.org/ietf/ipfix/draft-ietf-ipfix-architecture-00.doc
http://norseth.org/ietf/ipfix/draft-ietf-ipfix-data-00.doc

A couple of things.

I am seeing a "us versus them" attitude in the WG on the draft the Beniot
and Ganesh put together. This is not right.  These documents are great.  I
think it is now time that we work together and make one set of documents
that the whole group agrees on.  Like ours, theirs document some work to
complete. Lets combine their work with ours and have one set of documents
for the WG. When I put ot my first 2 drafts together, The were never
intended to be the real WG documents.  We needed to start somewhere so after
talking to Nevil, I put them out to get things going and start the
discussion.  We now have documents that are workable that everyone has been
able to provide input to.

K.C.

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/

---

From: Peram Marimuthu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:16:19 -0800

"K.C. Norseth" wrote:

> <snip>

> http://norseth.org/ietf/ipfix/draft-ietf-ipfix-data-00.doc

Isnt the title presumptious? I dont see anything that indicates that
this is anything more than an individual contribution.

Peram

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:26:03 -0500

Gee, I hope it is more than an individual contribution.
KC has been taking text from the group and putting it
together into a single IPFIX document. That was how
I understoond it anyway.

Paul