Subject: Re: [ipfix] Current WG activities

From: Sebastian Zander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 10:50:17 +0100

Hi Nevil,

[email-masked] schrieb:
[...]
> 
> 1) The Arch and Data version 00 drafts are now published (another WG
>    Goal met).
> 
> 2) The charter says we'll "select a protocol," which means we need to
>    work on - i.e. discuss further on the list - the selection criteria
>    for that protocol.
> 
> 3) It seems to me that discussing aspects like exporter and collector
>    configuration methods is helpful; it would be good to see some
>    consensus on this emerge.
> 
> 4) In selecting a protocol, we'll pick the one which comes closest to
>     meeting all the selection criteria.  *If* the chosen one could be
>     *slightly* modified or extended to meet all the criteria, we may
>     have to consider including those modifications in the final IPFIX
>     Arcitecture document.

Are there any official plans yet on how the selection process will work?
Will it be similar to that happended in the AAA WG where an evaluation team 
checked the proposals vs. the requirements producing an I-D?

-- Sebastian

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/