Subject: [ipfix-arch] Collision between IPFIX Architecture section 5.1 and Requirement draft

From: "Reinaldo Penno" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 09:34:13 -0700

In the beggining of section 5.1 it is stated that

"This is based on the requirements specified in the requirement
   document [2]."

But I couldn't find a peer of some of the requirements from architecture
draft on the requirements draft. Will these be included on the requirements
draft? Excluded from the architecture? For example....

5.1.2. IPFIX Protocol on IPFIX Device (At Export Process)

     1. Ability to detect loss of connectivity with the collector and
        trigger the appropriate action (eg. a switch over to an
        alternate collector.) <---
     2. Optionally export flow records to multiple collectors.
     3. Optionally re-transmit lost flow records. <---
     4. Exchange control information from the collector, monitor export
        process and detect any overload in the process of exporting. <--- P

I would suggest to just take out the requirement section from the
architecture draft and incorporate the relevant parts into the requirements
draft to avoid confusion and repetition. If people do not agree it would be
good if the editors of both documents would put them side by side and
compare the wording.

thanks,

Reinaldo