Subject: [ipfix-eval] RE: evaluation process

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:12:16 +1200

Hello Peter:

Quoting Peter Ludemann <[email-masked]>:

> > So far there's been no discussion of any of the Advocacy Drafts on
> > the list. If you have opinions about one or more of them, now's the
> > time to post your comments!  At this stage the advocates can edit/
> > modify/improve their drafts and republish, any time until 18 October.
> 
> Will there be clarification questions from the Evaluation Team to the
> authors of the various proposals? I'm thinking of the normal industry "RFP"
> process (I've just gone through a few of these and am still in pain), where
> the process usually is:
> 
>   1. Publication of a Request For Proposals (RFP)
>   2. Clarification questions about the RFP (from the responders)
>   3. Submission of complete responses + presentations
>   4. Follow-up questions to the responders
>   5. Short list (usually 2-3)
>   6. More follow-up questions
>   7. Decision
>   8. Contract negotiations, Statement of Work
> 
> In the case of IPFIX, we've done up to stage 3.
> Will there be a step 5 (short list)?
> For step 6 (questions from the Evaluation Team), will the questions and
> responses be private or public?
> Do we want comments about the advocacy drafts from people outside the
> Evaluation Team or are the Advocacy Drafts the final word?

I'd like to see some discussion of the advocate drafts on this list,
after all this is an IETF WG, where all discussion is on the list (and
therefore in the list archive).  If everyone waits to see what the
Evaluation Team comes up with in their 'Evaluation' draft, that will
just shorten the time for discussion before the Atlanta IETF meeting!
So to answer your question, I believe your steps 4,5 and 6 should happen
on the list over the next few weeks.  Step 7 should happen on the list
bfeore Atlanta, to be confirmed by a WG last call after Atlanta.  Step
8, I guess, corresponds to producing the Architecture and Data Model
RFCs, which should happen soon after the Evaluation consensus is reached.

Cheers, Nevil

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   Nevil Brownlee                   Director, Technology Development
   Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x8941      ITSS, The University of Auckland
   FAX: +64 9 373 7021      Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand

-------------------------------------------------
This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/