Subject: [ipfix] Agenda for Atlanta

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:02:11 +1300

Hello all:

Attached herewith is the latest version of the agenda for our WG session
at the Atlanta IETF.

At that meeting, let's focus on reaching consensus on the IPFIX 
requirements. As far as I can see, there aren't many issues remaining, and 
it's *very* important that we finish the requirements and get them submitted 
as an RFC.

Also, we need to get as far as we can towards consensus on selecting the
IPFIX protocol.  As you'll see from our current list of milestones, our 
goal is to select the protocol, and produce revised versions of the
Architecture and Data Model drafts in time for the next IETF meeting,
i.e. March next year.  

Don't forget that reaching consensus is a process of negotiation; we need 
to standardise something which will be useful (and therefore widely used) 
real soon now.  If we agree there's good reason to extend/develop the IPFIX
model further, we mustn't let such development delay our immediate goals.

See you in Atlanta, Nevil

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   Nevil Brownlee                   Director, Technology Development
   Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941     ITSS, The University of Auckland
   FAX: +64 9 373 7021      Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand

-------------------------------------------------
This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/

---

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:26:11 +1300

Hello all:

Juergen Quittek has pointed out to me that in the IPFIX agenda I'd 
marked draft-ietf-ipfix-reqs-07.txt as "missed the meeting draft
deadline". But actually, it was in time and is available at the IETF 
I-D repository.

I guess I got the deadline date confused with the one for -00 drafts.  
Sorry about that, Juergen.

Cheers, Nevil

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/