Subject: [ipfix-reqs] Fwd: Re: IPFIX Requirements issues (resend)

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:20:38 +1200

Hi Juergen et al:

Herewith email from Randy, he wants to try to move the IPFIX requirements
draft forward without waiting for Allison.  Can you respond to his request
below asap, please?  

Cheers, Nevil

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----
    Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 08:04:11 -0700
    From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
 Subject: Re: IPFIX Requirements issues (resend)
      To: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>

> About a month ago you said:
> 
>> allison is on vacation and almost completely off of email
> 
> Any idea of when she'll be back?  I'd like to get the IPFIX Requirements
> draft finished sometime soon.

in the absense of allison's response, i will now move the process.

how do you feel the wg has addressed her comments?

    To: [email-masked]
    Subject: draft-ietf-ipfix-reqs-09.txt
    Cc: [email-masked]
    Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 08:55:15 -0800
    From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>

    This is a good document overall.

    The applications include usage-based accounting.  They should cite
    RFC 2975, and indicate that the particular niche for usage-based
    accounting would not be met if reliability was not very high.
    Section 5.1 reliability requirements do not meet the needs, nor do
    the timestamping of first and last packet of a flow, because the
    flow may have been mischaracterized and that is first and last of
    different flows.  The way to satisfy this issue is to caveat the
    discussion of usage-based accounting with strong words on
    reliability that counter the comments on lesser reliability and
    more probabilistic techniques for other applications of ipfix.

    Requirements on the ipfix implementation - the document is long and
    I wonder if the working group really meant the protocol's
    confidentiality and anonymization features to be so optional -
    SHOULD confidentiality, MAY anonymization.  Just for
    implementation.

randy

----- End forwarded message -----

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   Nevil Brownlee                   Director, Technology Development
   Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941     ITSS, The University of Auckland
   FAX: +64 9 373 7021      Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand

-------------------------------------------------
This mail sent through University of Auckland
http://www.auckland.ac.nz/

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/