Subject: [ipfix] Link between Data/Template and Options Data/Template

From: Falko Dressler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:52:46 +0100

Dear all,

for a couple of reasons, there should be the possibility to define a
link between a data record or a template set and an options data record
/ options template. Currently, this link is only available in the
opposite direction, i.e. from options to data.
What is our intention? One thing is a planned IPFIX aggregation (see
next mail) and there are other scenarios in which a collector requires
an options data record in order to decode a received data record.
Nevertheless, such a thing currently does not exist, that is, a data
record might be wrong decoded just because the corresponding options
record hasn't arrived yet.

Cheers,
Falko.

-- 
Dr.-Ing. Falko Dressler
Computer Networks and Communication Systems
University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
Phone: +49 9131 85-27914 / Fax: +49 9131 85-27409
EMail: [email-masked] / [email-masked]
WWW: http://www7.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~dressler/

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/