Subject: [ipfix-protocol] Source ID = 0

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:55:48 +0000

It might be useful if we were to reserve Source ID = 0 for
use by the IPFIX protocol. This gives a means of extending
the IPFIX header if we need to do so in the future.

I therefore propose that the following text now reads.

Source ID
A 32-bit value that identifies the Exporter Process Observation 
Domain.  Collecting Process SHOULD use the combination of the source 
IP address and the Source ID field to separate different export 
streams originating from the same Exporting Process. The
Source ID value zero is reserved for future use. IPFIX
Messages with a Source ID of zero MUST be discarded by the
Collecting Process.

- Stewart

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/