Subject: [ipfix-protocol] PROTO-32, PROTO-33: Source ID

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:03:34 +0100

Dear all,

   PROTO-32 Correct this issue below 
 
     The Collecting Process SHOULD verify that the received IPFIX 
     Messages inside one stream do not have differing Source ID values 
     and silently discard any data that does NOT match the initial 
     value.  
     The Exporting Process SHOULD NOT transmit messages inside one 
     stream with multiple Source ID values. The correlated Flow Records 
     are then treated like a normal export Flow. 

   PROTO-33: correct the next paragraphs: silently? reset the 
   connection? log an error? should the exporting process be allowed to 
   sent multiple Source ID per stream. 

        The Collecting Process SHOULD verify that the received IPFIX 
        Messages inside one stream do not have differing Source ID 
        values and silently discard any data that does NOT match the 
        initial value.  
        The Exporting Process SHOULD NOT transmit messages inside one 
        stream with multiple Source ID values. The correlated Flow 
        Records are then treated like a normal export Flow.

I would like to propose the modified text.

     The Exporting Process MUST NOT transmit IPFIX Messages with
     more than one Source ID value inside any single stream.

     The Collecting Process MUST verify that only one Source ID
     value is used inside each stream. If the Collecting Process
     detects that more than one Source ID has been received within
     a stream, it MUST discard the IPFIX Message and reset the SCTP 
     association.

Note that the TCP section should be changed accordingly.

Regards, Benoit.