Subject: [ipfix] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-dressler-ipfix-aggregation-00.txt]

From: Falko Dressler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:16:39 +0100

Hello everybody,

IPFIX mentioned but never defined the concentrator and the according 
aggregation techniques. We finally finished a draft describing IPFIX 
aggregation and the required protocol enhancements.
Now, I'd like to ask you to review to comment the draft prior the 
forthcoming IETF.

Cheers,
Falko.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dressler-ipfix-aggregation-00.txt
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:54:03 -0500
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IPFIX Aggregation
	Author(s)	: F. Dressler, et al.
	Filename	: draft-dressler-ipfix-aggregation-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2005-1-27
	
IPFIX Aggregation describes a methodology for reducing the amount of
    measurement data exchanged between monitoring devices (IPFIX
    exporters) and analyzers (IPFIX collectors).  Using aggregation
    techniques, measurement information of similar flows is aggregated
    into one metaflow.  The degree of similarity can be defined using
    aggregation rules.  To achieve further reduction of the amount of
    data exchanged while still transmitting all required information to
    the collector, the IPFIX protocol and Information Model is slightly
    extended to allow two new data types and a new template / template
    set.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dressler-ipfix-aggregation-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dressler-ipfix-aggregation-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dressler-ipfix-aggregation-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-- 
Dr.-Ing. Falko Dressler
Computer Networks and Communication Systems
University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
Phone: +49 9131 85-27914 / Fax: +49 9131 85-27409
EMail: [email-masked] / [email-masked]
WWW: http://www7.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~dressler/

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/

---

From: Eric Ji <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:47:11 -0800

I subscribed this list only weeks ago, so there may be info I missed.
There are two header fields sourceIPv4Prefix, destinationIPv4Prefix,
I think may need be removed. As a general rule, we should not define
redundant fields in protocol packet. Now that we have the address
and mask, it's up to the receiver to calculate the prefix if needed.

Regards,
Eric