Subject: [ipfix-protocol] clarity of the ipfix spec

From: Sebastian Zander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 13:22:24 +1100

Hi Benoit,

when reading the ipfix protocol spec it is sometimes not clear how much is
specification and how much is example. two examples:

figure H  shows 'Template ID 256'. i suppose this does not mean that the first
template ID in any template set is always 256 but template IDs must be >=256 right?
such example values should be removed from the defintion (and btw there is no
template ID example value in figure J). figure H shows 2 template records and
figure J shows 1 template record but i guess option sets can have an arbitrary
number of records right? maybe something like ABNF would help (see RFC2234) e.g.

ipfix_message = ipfix_header 1*(data_set / template_set / options_template_set)
...

Cheers,

Sebastian

-- 
Sebastian Zander
http://caia.swin.edu.au

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 05:09:22 +0100

Hi Sebastian,

I fully agreed with you.
This issue has been addressed already in the new draft version I will 
publish soon, thanks to Thomas Dietz that re-wrote the entire section.

Regards, Benoit.

> template ID in any template set is always 256 but template IDs must be 
> >=256 right?