Subject: [ipfix-info] out prefix -> post prefix I.E.

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:26:56 +0200

Hi, 

ftp://ftp.netlab.nec.de/pub/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-info-07-pre.txt

2.3  Naming Conventions for Information Elements

         Middleboxes may change flow properties, such as the DSCP value
         or the source IP address.  There are different Information
         Elements required for the original values of these properites
         and for the modified values.  As a general rule, it is
         recommended that names for Information Elements containing
         the original properties have no specific prefix while names
         of Information Elements _with _containing the modified
         properties have the prefix "post".

First of all, the last sentence should read:

    As a general rule, it is
    recommended that names for Information Elements containing
    the original properties have no specific prefix while names
    of Information Elements containing the modified

Then, to be consistent with the "post" prefix and with 
http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/2757.html, I propose to change the 
name of the 4 information elements

   |    19 | OutMulticastPacketCount ->  postMulticastPacketCount 
   |    20 | OutMulticastOctetCount  ->  postMulticastOctetCount  
   |    23 | outOctetDeltaCount      ->  postOctetDeltaCount
   |    24 | outPacketDeltaCount     ->  postPacketDeltaCount     

Regards, Benoit.