Subject: [ipfix-protocol] new version of the IPFIX protocol draft: draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-12.txt

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 01:43:26 +0200

Dear all,

I just posted a new version of the IPFIX protocol draft, with the 
feedback from Paul Aitken's thorough review.

Here are the list of changes:
- Some cross references were wrong
- Flow Record definition exactly similar to the one in [IPFIX-ARCH]
- Template definition exactly similar to the one in [IPFIX-ARCH]
- As deduced from section 9, the source ID definition now contains: the 
source ID MUST NOT be 0
- The Field Length is completed with:* *The value 65535 is reserved for 
variable length Information Element (see section 7). The Field Length 
MAY NOT 0.
- one mistake corrected in figure O
- correction: In most cases the length of the Information Element will 
be less than 256 *255* octets.
- correction: The IPFIX Message Header 16-bit Length field limits the 
length of a IPFIX Message to 65536 *65535* octets including the header.
- section 10.4.1.2 referred to SCTP while it was a TCP section. Ooops ;) 
BTW, the TCP sections now speaks of TCP connection as opposed to TCP 
association
- added the 2 sentences

   When the TCP connection restarts, the Exporting Process MUST resend 
   all the Template Records.  
     
   When an TCP connection is closed, the Collecting Process MUST 
   discard all templates received over that connection and stop 
   decoding IPFIX Messages that use those templates. 
- A couple of mistakes in the examples.

I advice to review the changes at http://ietf.levkowetz.com/drafts/ipfix/, once the draft is published. 

Regards, Benoit.

*
*

- A lot of editorial corrections and improvements