Subject: [ipfix-info] "in" prefix in inOctetDeltaCount, inPacketDeltaCount, inOctetTotalCount, inPacketTotalCount

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:43:10 +0200

Dear all,

ftp://ftp.netlab.nec.de/pub/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-info-07-pre.txt

inOctetDeltaCount, inPacketDeltaCount, inOctetTotalCount, 
inPacketTotalCount are the 4 Information Elements that start with "in".
"in" is supposed to mean in this case "observed".
However, "observed" or "in" is implicit for most of the Information 
Elements: IP address, TTL, VLANID, etc... just to name a few.
The only exception is "post" see section 2.3 about the Information 
Elements Naming Convention.

In conclusion, I propose to remove the "in" for the 4 Information 
Element names: inOctetDeltaCount, inPacketDeltaCount, inOctetTotalCount, 
inPacketTotalCount

Regards, Benoit.

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/