Subject: [ipfix-info] One problem with observedFlowTotalCount <-> totalFlowCount

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:46:09 +0200

Hi Juergen,

ftp://ftp.netlab.nec.de/pub/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-info-07-pre.txt
Sometimes observedFlowTotalCount, sometimes totalFlowCount   
       
5.8  Process Counters

   The set of counters related to the Metering Process and/or the
   Exporting Process exported includes the information elements listed
   in the table below.

   +-------+-------------------------+-------+-------------------------+
   |    ID | Field Name              |    ID | Field Name              |
   +-------+-------------------------+-------+-------------------------+
   |     3 | *observedFlowTotalCount  *|    41 | exportedPacketTotalCount|
   |    40 | exportedOctetToalCount  |    42 | exportedFlowTotalCount  |
   +-------+-------------------------+-------+-------------------------+

5.8.1  *observedFlowTotalCount*
   Description:
      The number of flows observed so far in the Observation Domain.

   Abstract Data Type: unsigned64

   Data Type Semantics: totalCounter

   FieldId: 3

   Applicability: data

   Status: current

   Units: flows

   +-------+-------------------------+-------+-------------------------+
   |    ID | Name                    |    ID | Name                    |
   +-------+-------------------------+-------+-------------------------+
   |     1 | inOctetDeltaCount       |    43 | RESERVED                |
   |     2 | inPacketDeltaCount      |    44 | sourceIpV4Prefix        |
   |     3 | *totalFlowCount          *|    45 | destinationIpV4Prefix   |
   |     4 | protocolIdentifier      |    46 | mplsTopLabelType        |

Regards, Benoit.

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:48:44 +0200

Forgot to mention. The right naming convention is: observedFlowTotalCount

Regards, Benoit.